New football thread

19 hours ago, NEWKID said:

On another note, so impressed with how Declan Rice has just slotted in at Araenal and is probably there most important player now, he was brilliant on Sunday, I'm not sure who I'd pick out of him and Rhodri at the moment to be honest...proper midfielders... must be gutting tinged with pride for Hammers fans, another brilliant talent through the club...

Nothing new mate its how it always was i dont have a problem with it.....only fans who now book ourselves as a big club should really be getting annoyed....and i never have.

Anyway id still prefer that Odegaard given the choice,some player that boy id imagine he's made the move pretty comfortable for Rice the way he plays.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Exactly....hence the lad wants regular football at what should be his peak.....which he isnt getting at City......for us then thats a good thing right ?

We're not looking at trying to develop him as a young player we just want the best from him in the here and now without forking out 50 odd mill......makes perfect sense to me.

Yep, completely misunderstood you mate so sorry for that squire. 

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Am i right in thinking those murals are outside a cricket ground over there ?......thats what happens when you let them build their own stuff 🤣

Yes mate. Think it was called Clyde Best Lane and there’s a rec ground the other side of the murals

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Nothing new mate its how it always was i dont have a problem with it.....only fans who now book ourselves as a big club should really be getting annoyed....and i never have.

Anyway id still prefer that Odegaard given the choice,some player that boy id imagine he's made the move pretty comfortable for Rice the way he plays.

It's a great partnership, Odegard has turned into some player hasn't he...De Bruyne is the best in that role imo, and I think Bruno at UTD is a great playmaker.. bit Odegard is the closest for me to De Bruyne...he needs a Rice though, Rice does everything very very well, you struggle to find a weakness...top midfielder..

England have some real talent now, with him and Belingham that must be the best midfield pairing in Europe currently? 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

It's a great partnership, Odegard has turned into some player hasn't he...De Bruyne is the best in that role imo, and I think Bruno at UTD is a great playmaker.. bit Odegard is the closest for me to De Bruyne...he needs a Rice though, Rice does everything very very well, you struggle to find a weakness...top midfielder..

England have some real talent now, with him and Belingham that must be the best midfield pairing in Europe currently? 

Odegaard seems to play the simple passes with such forward thinking intellect its like he sees pictures of play and tries to develop them he often looks on another level to his team mates to me do you think Rice is on his wavelength yet or something that develops over time maybe ?.......im not sure Jesus is physically up to the talent thats behind him in the way Debruyne connects with Haarland for instance would you agree ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Odegaard seems to play the simple passes with such forward thinking intellect its like he sees pictures of play and tries to develop them he often looks on another level to his team mates to me do you think Rice is on his wavelength yet or something that develops over time maybe ?.......im not sure Jesus is physically up to the talent thats behind him in the way Debruyne connects with Haarland for instance would you agree ?

Yes I would agree haaland is a finisher you only need to look at how many touches he has he may have ten in a game yet he's  scores a hatrick but with debruyne foden or grelish behind him creating chances and him being so clinical I can't see city now not winning the prem  again but I don't see that in Jesus or any arsenal player that cutting edge to win them the prem  they  create  enough chances but until they get that clinical striker I can't see them winning the prem great team to watch play 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Yes I would agree haaland is a finisher you only need to look at how many touches he has he may have ten in a game yet he's  scores a hatrick but with debruyne foden or grelish behind him creating chances and him being so clinical I can't see city now not winning the prem  again but I don't see that in Jesus or any arsenal player that cutting edge to win them the prem  they  create  enough chances but until they get that clinical striker I can't see them winning the prem great team to watch play 

Thats it mate yes.....as a neutral both sides are brilliant to watch but City just seem to have a killer instinct that Arsenal dont have yet.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I'm not sure if "being on the same wavelength" is what makes Rice/Odegard partnership work so well, undoubtedly they compliment each other very well, I think Rice does all.the simple work brilliantly and then some... Odegard knows he can operate in that hole and Rice protects him... but Rice is more than just a holding midfielder, I'm seriously impressed with him mate, he's better than I thought to be honest...to step up into bone fide title challengers and it's seamless...he'll only get better and like you sat that partnership is developing all the time..

Jesus does everything well apart from the most important thing as a forward, score goals.. he works around the box too much, he's just not selfish enough.. Haaland doesn't give a shit about anything but goals, every run is made to penetrate, and De Bruyne is the best passer/spotter of a run maybe in Premier league history, he's different class mate... Arsenal need a Haaland type to compete, I think they have pretty much everything else, but City are machines at this stage of the season...I can't see anything but City again.

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not sure if "being on the same wavelength" is what makes Rice/Odegard partnership work so well, undoubtedly they compliment each other very well, I think Rice does all.the simple work brilliantly and then some... Odegard knows he can operate in that hole and Rice protects him... but Rice is more than just a holding midfielder, I'm seriously impressed with him mate, he's better than I thought to be honest...to step up into bone fide title challengers and it's seamless...he'll only get better and like you sat that partnership is developing all the time..

Jesus does everything well apart from the most important thing as a forward, score goals.. he works around the box too much, he's just not selfish enough.. Haaland doesn't give a shit about anything but goals, every run is made to penetrant, and De Bruyne is the best passer/spotter of a run maybe in Premier league history, he's different class mate... Arsenal need a Haaland type to compete, I think they have pretty much everything else, but City are machines at this stage of the season...I can't see anything but City again.

Watched city a few times this season I have noticed how good folden really  is  especially when debruyne  went out injured and since his return England certainly have one if not the strongest midfields I have known what with  rice Bellingham foden saka ect 

• Like 1
On 05/02/2024 at 01:37, dytkos said:

Well we've turned in the biggest shambles since last January when we fecked up our transfer window. 

Didn't think we could top that but feck me 🤦‍♂️

Venkys and Waggott out - cnuts.

Cheers, D.

It's turned in to a total shit show now  dy shame really  given everything Jack walker put in place hopefully venkys sell up 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Watched city a few times this season I have noticed how good folden really  is  especially when debruyne  went out injured and since his return England certainly have one if not the strongest midfields I have known what with  rice Bellingham foden saka ect 

I can't remember what pro said it but they were talking about Foden being the best they'd seen taking the ball on the half turn, it's a valid point, he's a different type of player to De Bruyne, but yeah is another top class player..City are full of them mate, you wouldn't swap many of them for another clubs starting 11...

England have got to win something with this bunch, it's better than the so called golden era imo

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I can't remember what pro said it but they were talking about Foden being the best they'd seen taking the ball on the half turn, it's a valid point, he's a different type of player to De Bruyne, but yeah is another top class player..City are full of them mate, you wouldn't swap many of them for another clubs starting 11...

England have got to win something with this bunch, it's better than the so called golden era imo

Foden & Rice have the best first touch I have seen, it’s almost always perfect.

I don’t mean with a acres of time and space, I mean in real tight situations or when the ball comes at them fast in crowded areas.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Jesus does everything well apart from the most important thing as a forward, score goals.. he works around the box too much, he's just not selfish enough.. Haaland doesn't give a shit about anything but goals, every run is made to penetrate, and De Bruyne is the best passer/spotter of a run maybe in Premier league history, he's different class mate... Arsenal need a Haaland type to compete, I think they have pretty much everything else, but City are machines at this stage of the season...I can't see anything but City again.

With my mob i always booked Rice as one of those Gerrard types powerful running with the ball,timing his runs to crop up in the box,breaking things up etc.....but at Arsenal he fits in rather than dominates which i guess being amongst better players allows him to do that....he WAS our midfield whereas at Arsenal he's a part of it.

Haarland/DeBruyne are the perfect match i agree......reminds me a little bit of the Dalglish/Rush partnership years ago,the creator who can also score great goals with the out and out finisher.

Dont know why im always comparing to Liverpool players someone pulled me up on it the other day :whistling:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1