Ongoing joke

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s always been an ongoing joke about pulling a walrus on New Year’s Eve but tonight it might just happen! seen seals/ porous and whales on the beach here over the years but this is a first. 

It’s just been on our local news, it’s got it’s own bouncer’s for this evening, because you can bet your arse some tw*t will be trying to feed it chips or trying give it a line of sniff before midnigh

Lamaguire vulture near the Severn bridge, 9ft wingspan, one of my best non native species spotted, I was watching it for a couple of days before the twitchers got on it, last seen on Dartmoor with 100

Posted Images

Lamaguire vulture near the Severn bridge, 9ft wingspan, one of my best non native species spotted, I was watching it for a couple of days before the twitchers got on it, last seen on Dartmoor with 1000s of them in hot pursuit ??

06112821-540D-41C8-83C6-7D2CE21B8786.jpeg

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I remember that one ?

I saw it twice but never new what it was, only it was fecking massive and didn’t really belong here, a week after my misses got the local paper out and said there is that bird we saw that I realised how rare it was ? 

There was a black vulture here Greyman .I snapped it banking away over a hedge after putting it up off a road kill deer that had made it through the hedge .Drivers on the road all slowed down but only time I saw it .Theres a list of rare spots somewhere on the net and that hoopoe was on it but not the vulture .Think I deleted the pic as not important .

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Anybody ever seen a shrike in the uk .One bird I’ve never seen .

I’m quite fortunate I live along a migration route so get to see quite a lot of unusual stuff though often I don’t have a clue what it is unless someone tells me or I find it on the net, they mist net and ring birds in the woods just up the road from me came across an old boy with a couple of pied fly catchers a few years back never seen one before or since, ?

We have pied flycatchers in the wood I shoot  squirrels mate .I use it as a means to shoot corvids as they are red listed .We also have marsh tits nesting which are also red list .
Sat in that squirrel hide I’m always in awe of the number of small birds that visit as well and makes the day all the more special for me .

Those that carry out fieldsports of one sort or another who don’t know the birds species really annoy me .I’ve a mate who’s a good stalker but wouldn’t know a tit from a thrush .

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Would love to see one of those I know they pop up on Portland occasionally .

Can’t miss them when they do appear mate .No other bird like it .Seen them in France in small groups but seems to be singles here .

54 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I saw it twice but never new what it was, only it was fecking massive and didn’t really belong here, a week after my misses got the local paper out and said there is that bird we saw that I realised how rare it was ? 

Yeah it was in the review newspaper at the time ?

Just now, foxdropper said:

Can’t miss them when they do appear mate .No theory bird like it .Seen them in France in small groups but seems to be singles here .

No not many brightly coloured birds here , 

I was up near Portland bill once and seen a brown small bird on top of some blackberry thorns never did find out what it was couldn’t id it as a uk species couldn’t get near it to get decent pic on phone ☹️

Golden eagles on my list and wouldn’t mind seeing a turtle dove. 
not seen a corncrake but heard one in Dorset seen cuckoos in Dorset,   dartford warblers and stonechats on heaths .