Jill coming back into season after litter.

My jill seems to be looking like she is coming into season again. I weaned the litter at 6 weeks as she is pretty small and her first breeding. The weather has been weird and I've been hearing of two litters per jill. Should I breed her again or will she come off by herself. It seems a bit much for her to have a second litter.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

My jill seems to be looking like she is coming into season again. I weaned the litter at 6 weeks as she is pretty small and her first breeding. The weather has been weird and I've been hearing of two litters per jill. Should I breed her again or will she come off by herself. It seems a bit much for her to have a second litter.

It's happened to me many times she will be OK mate let it take it's course ? just keep her clean 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, cantona said:

Can’t see the need to breed when in season, just keep hutch clean so no infection while she’s swollen 

I've heard people getting away not breeding jills and others losing them. I do keep the cages and beds clean so I'll give it a go. I have only kept hobs for the last 10 years up until now and bred the jills years ago just in case.

On 08/12/2022 at 07:58, The one said:

Happens all the time now with the longer summers jills are coming into season 4/5 times best running them with a snipped hob 

I've been trying to find a vet that will do a vasectomy on one of my males, they don't even understand the reason and know nothing about ferrets.

On 08/12/2022 at 16:26, Leeview said:

if you have your jills jabbed 6 weeks later they will also come back into season

I’ve only bred once from mine, last year, I’ve had jills up until 9 years Of age , I’ve one now 8 or 9, they loose a lot of hair nearly bold sometimes but once come out of season they grow it back, had ferrets on and off 30 odd years