Oak windows advice please

12 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Listed !! They dread of any builder. Is conservation officer involved=nightmare???

Ditto .We have a women in these parts ,nice tits but a real stickler for history .

Bespoke windows made ,you are looking at 1500 each for the arches and 950 each for the other two .Good luck ? 

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No reason for the arches to fail

Thinking back to when I was in the game, we used Sadolin a lot. Used on all hardwood frames. Good finish and kept its colour. Don’t know if it’s still used. Jok.

Ogbrey. No what mate. Them arches almost can’t possibly collapse.  Jok.

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Ditto .We have a women in these parts ,nice tits but a real stickler for history .

Bespoke windows made ,you are looking at 1500 each for the arches and 950 each for the other two .Good luck ? 

Utter b*****ds mate I avoid grade 2 listed costs a fortune to get threw planning and takes years., then conservation people don’t really check the works been done to drawings . My mate bought a old lodge house red brick , lime etc but planning made him use black bricks with a grass roof on extension ffs

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Conservation officers are a f***ing pain in the arse.Weve just replaced 2 veluxes that cant e en be seen from the ground anywhere around the building and been made to use consevation veluxes even though the ones we took out were standard.My pal who I work for has just finished doing his place which is an old grade 2 listen village school and headmasters house and some of the stupid shit they've made him do is madness and absolutely hMmered his budget.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Conservation officers are a f***ing pain in the arse.Weve just replaced 2 veluxes that cant e en be seen from the ground anywhere around the building and been made to use consevation veluxes even though the ones we took out were standard.My pal who I work for has just finished doing his place which is an old grade 2 listen village school and headmasters house and some of the stupid shit they've made him do is madness and absolutely hMmered his budget.

Very expensive buisiness. I would never ever buy a grade 2 listed property . A whole world of pain

7 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Very expensive buisiness. I would never ever buy a grade 2 listed property . A whole world of pain

Mate the headmasters house part of it was the worse.All the internal walls and ceilings were f****d and theyve made him redo them all with oak lathes and lime plaster.Took months to do and thats without the extra material costs.He gets that all the external brickwork,flintwork,Windows,Iron gutters etc need to look right but the internal walls ceilings was ridiculous.Now they're painted and got kitchen units etc hanging on them nobody could tell if they're lathe and plaster or if they were plasterboard and multi finish apart from his bank balance

29 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Mate the headmasters house part of it was the worse.All the internal walls and ceilings were f****d and theyve made him redo them all with oak lathes and lime plaster.Took months to do and thats without the extra material costs.He gets that all the external brickwork,flintwork,Windows,Iron gutters etc need to look right but the internal walls ceilings was ridiculous.Now they're painted and got kitchen units etc hanging on them nobody could tell if they're lathe and plaster or if they were plasterboard and multi finish apart from his bank balance

Madness it is . Best avoided to avoid heart attack

11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Thank you mate