Any pups about

3 hours ago, bribri988 said:

Any one know of any saluki whippet first cross or 3q knocking about looking now or if anyone has and breedings going for next year can you keep me posted 

Will be lining my bitch next year she's 5 yr old now never had pups gets plenty of running on small land lot of saluki and whippet in breed. she's not top class but not a bad bitch 

6420D980-1E69-4A5A-8DD4-15BF7968A512.jpeg

Edited by BobDown
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, BobDown said:

Will be lining my bitch next year she's 5 yr old now never had pups gets plenty of running on small land lot of saluki and whippet in breed. she's not top class but not a bad bitch 

nice bitch bobdown

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

What dog you thinking of putting to her ? 

Got a couple of options there  local dogs, I have long thought a bout a beddy x greyhound type but don't want to risk losing good coursing brain. I run small land more then any so if I could source a coursing bred dog that is on we same job I'd consider

56 minutes ago, BobDown said:

Got a couple of options there  local dogs, I have long thought a bout a beddy x greyhound type but don't want to risk losing good coursing brain. I run small land more then any so if I could source a coursing bred dog that is on we same job I'd consider

That’s it you need a dog with brains, gears and excels around cover for small land

13 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

That’s it you need a dog with brains, gears and excels around cover for small land

Ye absolutely, I don't know many foke consistently running coursing bred dogs on the smaller tricky fields. But as they say a good dog should do the dance on any land 

• Like 1
On 17/10/2022 at 22:56, BobDown said:

Nice bitch I reckon a line bred daytime dog doing what you like would suit her otherwise a Bedlington greyhound that you like but put back to a coursing dog as apposed to a straight Bedlington x which should avoid wastage.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dodger said:

Nice bitch I reckon a line bred daytime dog doing what you like would suit her otherwise a Bedlington greyhound that you like but put back to a coursing dog as apposed to a straight Bedlington x which should avoid wastage.

The brother to my bitch was put to a beddy greyhound 2x same bitch. Iv seen a dog pup out of 2nd breeding looks a good stamp like coursing dogs of old. The only issue I have is apparently them dogs aren't run regular but the genetics are there so it is an option to consider if I decide to go down that route and I'll get a line breeding with bedlington in mix

14 minutes ago, BobDown said:

The brother to my bitch was put to a beddy greyhound 2x same bitch. Iv seen a dog pup out of 2nd breeding looks a good stamp like coursing dogs of old. The only issue I have is apparently them dogs aren't run regular but the genetics are there so it is an option to consider if I decide to go down that route and I'll get a line breeding with bedlington in mix

14 minutes ago, BobDown said:

Iv nothing against the beddi x n as you say could throw back to dogs of old but this breeding "usually" works best for example Bedlington lurcher x saluki lurcher put back to a line bred dog as opposed to straight beddi x to saluki x hope that makes sense 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, dodger said:

Iv nothing against the beddi x n as you say could throw back to dogs of old but this breeding "usually" works best for example Bedlington lurcher x saluki lurcher put back to a line bred dog as opposed to straight beddi x to saluki x hope that makes sense 

Ye as I said there is the option of using a dog bred out of litter brother to my bitch to a beddy / greyhound. Iv not seen nowt of the bitch but iv sin brother to mine run and he's a handy dog. And I would get a line breeding we bedlington in the mix. These dogs go way back to pepsi, shorty etc so basically greyhound / whippet x Salukis 

• Like 1