Urm, Stoopid Girlie Question

So .... I just changed the hallogen bulb in my outdoor security light, being very careful NOT to touch the bulb.

Instead, I dropped the :censored: glass panel that covers the light, and it shattered. Is it dangerous to leave the light on and exposed? ie if it rains will my family get electrocuted :icon_eek:

BEST get a new light then LG as the rain will only hit the bulb and fuse it again as the bulb runs very hot, there are not that expensive and the glass alone will nearly be the price of a new light plus water and electricity don't mix to well. :thumbs:

Thanks Snap, I know I need to get another one but don't like to leave that security light off at the back. Have turned it off at the mains for now.

Suppose I'll just have to rely on my super sensitive, keen to harm Grey to protect me :boxing: That, and my baseball bat :angel:

I hate to admit it but the glass fell out of ours months, if not a year ago. It's on a post on top of the shed so about 15 foot up in the air, and it still works fine, even facing side on to the prevailing wind and rain.LOL. Your post just reminded me that I keep forgetting to replace the glass!

It don't always work fine though, you never know when things will go wrong, i've seen to many accidents with electricity so please be carefull all...

get your lights sorted, may work fine, but it's a possible death trap. :thumbs:

go to a glass shop, smile and ask for a new bit to be cut in 32oz should only be a couple of quid at most

So if I go in and snarl at them they might charge me more? :laugh:

Think I'll just leave it off for now, better safe than sorry with kids in the house.

And Snap, my dogs live in the house. My Grey has recently decided she's hateful and snarly to any noises at night tho, so if someone tries to sneak in they're likely to have their arms ripped off :o So much for rescues being laid back :hmm:

:laugh::laugh: Im only laughing because I did the same thing a few years ago! Like coney catcher99 says - its cheaper to buy a new light :yes: The snag for me was I had to pay an electrician to come and fit it since Im BANNED from all things electrical!! :icon_redface: Long story, to cut it short - I mowed through the wire on my lawn mower and picked the wires up holding the join in one hand and continued til my neighbour came running over to stop me! :icon_eek: Oh, then there was the time I watered the spider plant above the TV and the TV went up in smoke :blink: , then the christmas tree lights I just shoved the wires into a plug that was already there, I could go on and on. Im lucky to be alive to be honest. :o

Lo @ Jules :laugh:

Can i hijack this thread a bit. I have an all night leccy blanket. Steve was in bed, blanket was on, went to climb in and when we touched there was a vibration when our skins touched (God this sounds bad but i am serious, and dont know any other way to describe it :laugh: ) I switched the blanket off and it stopped. Is it safe to use this blanket, if not who do you get to repair it?

Moll.

Lo @ Jules :laugh:

Can i hijack this thread a bit. I have an all night leccy blanket. Steve was in bed, blanket was on, went to climb in and when we touched there was a vibration when our skins touched (God this sounds bad but i am serious, and dont know any other way to describe it :laugh: ) I switched the blanket off and it stopped. Is it safe to use this blanket, if not who do you get to repair it?

Moll.

sounds like it might be worth keeping it moll :whistling:
:laugh::laugh: Im only laughing because I did the same thing a few years ago! Like coney catcher99 says - its cheaper to buy a new light :yes: The snag for me was I had to pay an electrician to come and fit it since Im BANNED from all things electrical!! :icon_redface: Long story, to cut it short - I mowed through the wire on my lawn mower and picked the wires up holding the join in one hand and continued til my neighbour came running over to stop me! :icon_eek: Oh, then there was the time I watered the spider plant above the TV and the TV went up in smoke :blink: , then the christmas tree lights I just shoved the wires into a plug that was already there, I could go on and on. Im lucky to be alive to be honest. :o

I did a simmilar thing once but the mower made a banging noise :laugh: & a man across the road came running over when he heard me squeel :laugh: i felt a right dick i did :laugh: