Foxes attacking new born calves

There is a suckler herd on the egg producers that I shoot foxes on.  I’ve found the heifers very aggressive when I’ve been around at night . My guess is that the heifer was alone in the field and was having difficulty calving, couple that with a hungry fox , and it did what foxes do . Most calves pop out quick and are up and about in no time at all , and protected by mum . If the farmer was on the ball he could  of brought the beast in and ratcheted the calf out . 
               What you had was a perfect storm of poor husbandry , and a hungry maybe dumped fox . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Seagulls just steal chips. Unless I'm there, then they get the spin dry treatment!

They have learnt humans waste food moved from the coast to urban areas and increased their population similar to foxes . 
so adaptable but also noisy vermin that I hate when they wake me early  in the summer !

• Like 2

While I was away on holiday this summer, my daughter was calling in to water the plants . She sent me a picture of what she thought was fox poo on the path at the front of the house . I said it was probably a cat , but she said it stank of fox . She thought it was hilarious . And mocked me with lol emoji’s. 
        Anyway, when I got back I went out foxing . Upon my return home , I swung   the truck round the corner to see a fox running out of my garden!!! ???

Might have to call the experts in too . Does anyone know any ???

4CFD4B3C-0C00-40C5-9E80-35094B140A2F.jpeg

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Sausagedog said:

I don't know any experts. In fact I try and avoid them, they scare the crap out of me!

Ex, as in unknown and pert as in erect nipple!

I don't know any experts either , every day is different and we are always learning. 

Some days everything goes to plan and others are a nightmare ?

• Like 1