Bird Of Prey

Earlier today, my track was absolutely Black with crows and rooks. Perfectly normal. I throw a ton of bird food down. Not bothered which birds come and eat it. I'm not one of these fukking idiots always complaining; " I put out food for the birds. But, the <insert half a dozen species here> come and eat it! How can I stop them?! "

Anyway, that aside ... So, there's a shit ton of black on the track, as well as the sparrows and finches. So what?

Little bit later, I decide to go up the track, on some errand. Wandering along when, from the corner of my eye, I glimpse a bird. Big ol' fukker. Just wheeling up behind the trees. I think, " That's No fukking crow!!! " (Buzzard? Didn't seem big enough and the jizz wasn't right. Hawk though. Presumably a female spar'?)

And then I noticed it ..... Nothing ! Not a crow in sight! Not on the track. The land. The trees. Even the distance. Absolutely fukk all!

Now, here;'s the thing: Septics ~ most especially, it seems ~ often mention the idea of running Black chickens, of what ever sort's available, with their free range flocks. They say hawks think the black birds are crows. And hawks don't like crows. They fukk off and leave the chickens alone.

Well, from what I saw today? It seems like crows aren't too fukking taken with hawks either!

Anyone know shit about this, please? :hmm:

My mate on an estate,, just outside leads,(Harewood house stock maybe)has these kites,coming to his highline bird table.(says he has 3 or 4 coming for the chicken wings he puts out for em..here's  a picture he sent me..

IMG-20220809-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ken&#x27;s Deputy said:

Earlier today, my track was absolutely Black with crows and rooks. Perfectly normal. I throw a ton of bird food down. Not bothered which birds come and eat it. I'm not one of these fukking idiots always complaining; " I put out food for the birds. But, the <insert half a dozen species here> come and eat it! How can I stop them?! "

Anyway, that aside ... So, there's a shit ton of black on the track, as well as the sparrows and finches. So what?

Little bit later, I decide to go up the track, on some errand. Wandering along when, from the corner of my eye, I glimpse a bird. Big ol' fukker. Just wheeling up behind the trees. I think, " That's No fukking crow!!! " (Buzzard? Didn't seem big enough and the jizz wasn't right. Hawk though. Presumably a female spar'?)

And then I noticed it ..... Nothing ! Not a crow in sight! Not on the track. The land. The trees. Even the distance. Absolutely fukk all!

Now, here;'s the thing: Septics ~ most especially, it seems ~ often mention the idea of running Black chickens, of what ever sort's available, with their free range flocks. They say hawks think the black birds are crows. And hawks don't like crows. They fukk off and leave the chickens alone.

Well, from what I saw today? It seems like crows aren't too fukking taken with hawks either!

Anyone know shit about this, please? :hmm:

Wave a big landing net (which are normally black) and coots will disperse  even at distance…..so, something in what you say maybe ?

Anyway, birds of prey, awesome !

One I found in the road last year 

E3AB1B6C-5745-4664-A317-C3089E83DCA5.jpeg.66d40ae488e65daf18ffb40928f7f19e.jpeg

• Like 2

Buzzard? ('Road Hawks')

Black net waving would seem to suggest waving nets bother coots, Wilf. Coots, being a bit of a shade themselves, shouldn't be bothered by black, should they? I'm sure you've seen the 'rafts', like massive oil slicks, they periodically form? Try a different hue of net?

Anyway, just had a " Durrr!!! " moment, fukk sake. Hit DDG.

It's all bollocks, sadly :(

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Wave a big landing net (which are normally black) and coots will disperse  even at distance…..so, something in what you say maybe ?

Anyway, birds of prey, awesome !

One I found in the road last year 

E3AB1B6C-5745-4664-A317-C3089E83DCA5.jpeg.66d40ae488e65daf18ffb40928f7f19e.jpeg

more chins than a chinese phone book