Knife Designers?

:D Yeah, I'm on a fukking roll, now I've got that chicken box off my plate! Head's been wrapped up in That thing, Every Waking Hour for six months and more now!

About finished that now. Free to come up with all sorts of new problems to bother you lot with! Watch me! :boogy:

So ... Just made a stew, right? Using a bog standard " Kitchen Devils " kitchen knife. Six inch blade, from what I can tell? Just so ye can picture what I'm talking about here.

It's got that lovely little round piece, cut out of the blade, right up against the handle? Finger fits in there. Must've been fukking murder, chopping up shit, on ye chopping board, without that spot for ye finger to, so naturally, go. Yeah?

But, here's the problem:

P1010001.JPG.8473c7bfe20e12b3ca90fcba148158ff.JPG

See?! It's like a Spot The Deliberate Mistake thing! Just imagine a bit of spud under that blade. See my point? My knuckles! They always hit the fukking surface before the blade does!

Now, this may seem like a first world problem to some of ye? Yeah. Just wait till You have fukking arthritis! Smashing ye knuckles on a hard surface is no fukking joke! Still hurting now!  :cry:

So: Some lovely little thinker came up with the Finger Notch there. Has any beauty yet come up with a handle, so set and angled that the users knuckles may be kept un smashed, when bringing the knife down in a forceful chopping action on a flat surface?

I want one :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I made this set for my daughter ….  

I made one of those for my next door neighbour 

Aren't they fukking dinky ?!  Time I got it away from all that background, I needed my glasses to even See the dear little thing! (Bit like my balls! Big Amazon day, today) Sorry, @socks I was w

Posted Images

I just use a small cleaver for chopping up vege...

and is that notch where your finger is.......is that really for your finger...?

seems to me it would be better to have all your fingers together on the handle

24 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I just use a small cleaver for chopping up vege...

and is that notch where your finger is.......is that really for your finger...?

seems to me it would be better to have all your fingers together on the handle

Tomo; The index finger goes in the notch. Allows for the thumb to press on the back of the blade :)

Dunno. I'm not really a user of bigger knives. That one fits the hand really well though. I don't think I'd like it Without the notch.

Anyway, cheers, lads :good:Looks like a " Chefs Knife " is indeed what I'm looking for.

Greg's one looks a fukking belter ~ but, not available! :wallbash: I'll have a word with my mate. He's a butcher so can, no doubt, get me any sort of knife I need.

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Tomo; The index finger goes in the notch. Allows for the thumb to press on the back of the blade :)

Dunno. I'm not really a user of bigger knives. That one fits the hand really well though. I don't think I'd like it Without the notch.

Anyway, cheers, lads :good:Looks like a " Chefs Knife " is indeed what I'm looking for.

Greg's one looks a fukking belter ~ but, not available! :wallbash: I'll have a word with my mate. He's a butcher so can, no doubt, get me any sort of knife I need.

theres loads of those viking knives on Amazon just type in viking kitchen knives and loads will come up ,it should be av

ailable says in stock free delivery get it by the 5th 

Edited by greg64
3 hours ago, borderboy said:

You just want a victorinox chefs knife.

Yeah. My every day, eating knife is a Vic. Has a serrated edge though. Last one lasted me over fifteen years. Then, the blade just snapped clean off at the handle?! Weird as shit!

Got a new one, straight away. Had to. I was using my edc pocket knife to eat my dinner.

But, yeah; I look at ~ and Love ~ all these top name, quality knives. Fukking wasted on me though: I don't know how to sharpen one ?