What has gone wrong it never used to be like this ?

6 minutes ago, sussex said:

We fish quite a lot on the Jucar river near Cullera , you wouldn’t believe the amount of rubbish Spanish anglers leave behind , I bet every single time we go we collect a black sack full and it hardly makes a dent in it ..they have this someone else will clear it up attitude ..the English lads that fish to a man take their rubbish home ..

Same in Cyprus. I would take bin liners with me knowing that it would be a shit tip when I got there. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to see IMO it's not just festivals now it's beauty spots on the Moors the Lake District the Beaches. Even just mooching on the coast yesterday dog shit in bags every so often hanging on a gorse tw

we always offer the children's suncream, inflatable toys / any  spare firewood etc to any new arrivals with young kids when we go away abroad or even over here in the motorhome...watched my parents do

I can remember a mate giving a home to a left sleeping bag (£200 worth apparently). When he got home, he hung it on the line to air it, It was then that he found out someone had shat in it ?

Posted Images

Blimey, i always thought anglers worldwide were better than that! Back in 1994 we had a family holiday in France, we went canoeing along the river, there was no litter...but at one spot which looked like a good holding pool there were around 40 metres of forked sticks around a foot apart along the bank, never knew worm fishing was so popular in France!! 

5 minutes ago, Aled said:

Blimey, i always thought anglers worldwide were better than that! Back in 1994 we had a family holiday in France, we went canoeing along the river, there was no litter...but at one spot which looked like a good holding pool there were around 40 metres of forked sticks around a foot apart along the bank, never knew worm fishing was so popular in France!! 

I find them all over the place. If there isn't a forked stick in the water's edge then it hasn't been fished in ages if ever.

Going back to #keepdiggin 's post; a lot of bins have been removed by the local municipalities in recent years. It is down to the contracts with the private waste companies. Too expensive to have them empty the bins and they charge the council for any waste they collect and pass on. It will end up like the UK with fly tipping and abuse of the few bins available. I had a row with councillors at a police and public meeting when they wouldn't accept that it was their cost cutting measures that resulted in fly tipping costing the £ thousands to clear up. They just couldn't grasp it.

• Like 1

discarded rubbish is the least of our problems on the rivers over here....the amount of waste and shit flowing into our rivers is not good ?..I've noticed a massive difference the last 2/3 yrs,spots you were garenteed to catch are devoid of fish?