22 Waterloo cups

• 1 month later...

Had a pint yesterday with an old mate, Known the bloke donkeys years.. knew he use to run dogs but never knew how good he was at painting!

he’s been asking me to drop a photo round of my runner as he fancy’s getting back into painting, he’s had a rough ride last couple of years and can’t handle a dog any more. 

he pulled out a print of a painting he sold.. I nearly fell off me seat. 

he called it the slip, said the bloke at the front didn’t have a hat on and wished he’d put a different one on him. 
this was the cup

E4132150-FB08-4E76-B47B-9F2B39F7EDF6.jpeg.fcfeca61977c8b8a5fbaf900c4f76faf.jpeg

• Like 13
35 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Cracker that wouldn’t mind something like that 

It blew me away when I saw it, like I said I’ve known him for donkey.. genuine old dog lad and a pleasure to chat to.. I was a young kid on site drinking and shaggin every night when he was out every night up to no good?

hes doing a traditional gypsy scene for a friend of his at moment, I’ll put a photo up of it when he’s done, it’s guaranteed to have a dog or two in the background. 

the only reason I put it in this thread was because I was telling him about this thread and the book.. I’m gonna buy it for him?

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not on FB.. but the link seems viewable to anyone.

Some good bits of reading here and some cracking pics of the old coursing dogs...?

M.(!64.56:886

The Greyhound & the Hare. 11,167 likes · 1,161 talking about this. "The Greyhound & the Hare" features books by Charles Blanning, the world-renowned expert on...