Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I never use my HMR so thought I would dig it out and see what I can bag with it over the Summer. 

Raining today on and off so wasnt expecting much but glad to be out of the house. Pulled into the farm and a few woodies in a field so got inside a barn which had a nice shooting window and bagged a woodie.

I then went for a wander but nothing about apart from a roe and some greylags.

I was only gone an hour and a buzzard had stripped the woodie bare , they dont waste much time.

 

20220531_181610.jpg

20220531_182158.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I nail a tin of fish to a post and waited for them to appear. I was after the adults to some of the cubs I cleaned up on a few weeks ago. The vixen appeared first but it was to light to m

Missed it! At 40yds!!! I let this smallish adult get to close on dusk. I was fiddling with the NV and ended up rushing the shot. Fortunately there was no light source involved. I then walked

Out with my eldest last night with cz457. 6 bunny's grassed, plenty more seen. Also spotted 3 hares, no interest in shooting, but we saw how close we could get - very close which she really loved, jus

Posted Images

I don’t use mine very often either Mark, I keep intending to take it out more but I’ve never been enamoured with the calibre. Although the little .17 bullets are very effective on small vermin I use .22 mostly 

 

Link to post

Everyone has there own preferences and requirements, I have a lot of calibres to deal with a lot of different situations.

I fully accept the HMR has its issues (although the ammo seems to be improving?) but mine gets a lot of use!

I love my WMR (I know its not that fashionable), with the 30g V-Max it flies very similar to the HMR out to about 100 yards, and there is a lot of ammo variety, in simple terms versatility.

Both my .22lr remain close range, dedicated sub sonic tools, they don't get a lot of use but are great when required! 

:thumbs:

PS, ammo prices all round, but especially rimfire seems to be bonkers these days!

Link to post
1 hour ago, Deker said:

Everyone has there own preferences and requirements, I have a lot of calibres to deal with a lot of different situations.

I fully accept the HMR has its issues (although the ammo seems to be improving?) but mine gets a lot of use!

I love my WMR (I know its not that fashionable), with the 30g V-Max it flies very similar to the HMR out to about 100 yards, and there is a lot of ammo variety, in simple terms versatility.

Both my .22lr remain close range, dedicated sub sonic tools, they don't get a lot of use but are great when required! 

:thumbs:

PS, ammo prices all round, but especially rimfire seems to be bonkers these days!

Talking of hmr, have you tried any of those ntx lead free ammo deker?

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Talking of hmr, have you tried any of those ntx lead free ammo deker?

Not even seen any yet!

I was at the Phoenix show at Bisley last week and I couldn't find anybody with lead alternatives.

Have you?????

Link to post
7 hours ago, Deker said:

Not even seen any yet!

I was at the Phoenix show at Bisley last week and I couldn't find anybody with lead alternatives.

Have you?????

No, nothing. Been keeping an eye out for those and also the Norma fragmenting lead free .22’s to try out. I’m hoping the small calibre lead bullets will be exempted from a ban as in the proposals it actually states that a ban on small calibre lead bullets wouldn’t be practical. Let’s hope they stick to it?

9C3EEC5B-3888-44CA-B719-547AA6F8A1E9.png

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

No, nothing. Been keeping an eye out for those and also the Norma fragmenting lead free .22’s to try out. I’m hoping the small calibre lead bullets will be exempted from a ban as in the proposals it actually states that a ban on small calibre lead bullets wouldn’t be practical. Let’s hope they stick to it?

9C3EEC5B-3888-44CA-B719-547AA6F8A1E9.png

An exemption would be nice but don't hold your breath. They want lead banning and thats the end of it I think.

Link to post
3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

An exemption would be nice but don't hold your breath. They want lead banning and thats the end of it I think.

It started off with them not wanting it in the food chain ( sort of understandable) then in order to get a full ban they changed to say they don’t want it in the environment, like you I think a full lead ban is on its way, I was looking at some lead free .243 gear the other day, the lad in the shop was telling me how good it was, good it may be, but at almost 50 quid for 20 he can keep them

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...