HW100 first shoot

Wow, 

This thing makes my Ultimate Sporter look a little inaccurate and a tad average... Admittedly mine was a wrongun.. 

The one thing I need is some adulstment on the stock 

The trigger is very very nice to touch, I'm finding I like my thumb up against the back of the block, what I'd like to do is make the trigger a little more travel on the first stage and a little harder and sudden to break, I can tell its in the mechanism, I managed to get my Kral like that so the 100 surely must do the same. It feels way more tactile than the S510.. So... Just need to get it right for me... 

I can't see anyone getting them more consistent... Maybe 250 bar would be good. I dunno if I'll bother with tuning... But an adjustable stock sound like a winner 

• Like 2

I’ve never had an air arms so can’t compare. I’ve been very pleased with my .177 hw100ks (that I bought on a whim),so much so that I keep thinking about getting another in .22 green synthetic. I’m too precious about the walnut stock on mine. But I keep telling myself I’ve got too many air rifles already (if that’s even possible)??

had plenty of air arms.nearly every possible variation of the s400 except for one,that was the 6 ft/lbs one.nothing wrong with any of them.shot a 47ex50 at hft with one after only 2 hours setting it up.became 12th in the country at lsr with another so they do a good job but i liked the look of the hw100ktl.not any more accurate but just like it and with the lightweight cylinder it is a keeper.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, .357shooter said:

had plenty of air arms.nearly every possible variation of the s400 except for one,that was the 6 ft/lbs one.nothing wrong with any of them.shot a 47ex50 at hft with one after only 2 hours setting it up.became 12th in the country at lsr with another so they do a good job but i liked the look of the hw100ktl.not any more accurate but just like it and with the lightweight cylinder it is a keeper.

Yeah mine was unlucky. All I'd say is I think having had a play with an R10 today. I'm not sure they are that far ahead in quality to cost more.

I think the Minelli stock is nice but accounts for a lot of the cost.. As I think the engineering quality of the HW is better. Well... No... I know it is. I can physically see it with my own eyes... And I've been shooting tiny knock downs a long way off! 

HW 100 is probably the best off the shelf airgun of all time , in fact not probably but is the best off the shelf airgun  . That’s why it’s been the best selling airgun since it was released 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, villaman said:

HW 100 is probably the best off the shelf airgun of all time , in fact not probably but is the best off the shelf airgun  . That’s why it’s been the best selling airgun since it was released 

Well mate.... Its genuinely on absolute full legal power consistently perfect... Way beyond the S510R... When I get some batteries for my Radar I'll get the two mag shot string. And it genuinely is astounding. So glad I got the longer barrel. 

19 hours ago, villaman said:

Interestingly I read a report that stated the 110 was now the best selling pcp in the HW stable but whatever I really like them both, must see about getting another,  Oh yes and of course it's the Northern Shooting Show this weekend..................................?

Phil

• Like 1

I had my hw100 .177 tuned by Ratworks. Its now 250bar and the light cylinder does surprisingly make a big difference although I never thought of the gun as heavy. Ive had lots of rifles come and go but the HW100 is a constant. I would say the tune has benefitted the gun and well worth the money but is no way a necessity.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, .357shooter said:

i did have a go with my hw100 today at the range today shooting at my homemade metal spinner.was hitting it at 50m standing probably 90% of the time ?.

And On one leg as well ?

• Haha 1