Any good to any one ?

3 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Got any toads knocking about. Post free? :boogy:

I saw two in the edge of the reservoir I was fishing on the other day. And a long string of eggs as well. I went and packed my tackle away by the time I went back they had disappeared. I'll go this week after work and search the area 

• Like 1
Just now, DIDO.1 said:

Can i send the eggs/spawn? 

By the way it's going? (Considering this is the Second season I've Really pushed the issue like a doorstep insurance man ..... and no fukking closer! Than finding a leopard :rolleyes:) Spawn may well actually be the thing we've all been ~ figuratively ~ looking for!

I'll, presently, be racking my brains for a reason why it can't be done. It'll fail. But, I'm fukking sure, actually; Back in the day? This was THE way we did it!

I'm talking about when ye'd write a letter to someone. Stick it in the post box, to their address. Ask if they had what ever. Wait for a letter back, confirming ..... Fukk me; Fukking shit could have hatched by then!

But, yeah. I'm Pretty damn certain kunts were selling rare newts eggs and such. Counted out by the number. Sent through the post and paid for with a Postal Order! Can you imagine?!

Know what? I reckon ye've only f***ing cracked it!!! :clapper:

5 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Approx 3m wide 20 m long ,2inch mesh ,about to go in skip ,but if anyone has a use ,I'll post ,no cost ,perk of the job?

20220418_114826.jpg

Just what any small scale poultry keeper needs just now , with the bird flu regulations ?

Cheers.

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

By the way it's going? (Considering this is the Second season I've Really pushed the issue like a doorstep insurance man ..... and no fukking closer! Than finding a leopard :rolleyes:) Spawn may well actually be the thing we've all been ~ figuratively ~ looking for!

I'll, presently, be racking my brains for a reason why it can't be done. It'll fail. But, I'm fukking sure, actually; Back in the day? This was THE way we did it!

I'm talking about when ye'd write a letter to someone. Stick it in the post box, to their address. Ask if they had what ever. Wait for a letter back, confirming ..... Fukk me; Fukking shit could have hatched by then!

But, yeah. I'm Pretty damn certain kunts were selling rare newts eggs and such. Counted out by the number. Sent through the post and paid for with a Postal Order! Can you imagine?!

Know what? I reckon ye've only f***ing cracked it!!! :clapper:

....so get the spawn strings out....put in a tupperware box packed with sopping wet sphagnum moss soaked in the water from the reservoir and post that very morning next day premier super duper pay the extra quid  postage? 

Something very much like that, mate!

Absolutely Grovelling apologies to Walt, for having pointed his thread at Cuba

Sorry. I'm just reaching the final minutes of my ability to work, here. I'm very limited and can Really tell when I've had enough. I've Had Enough!!!  The stress makes me waffle, look.

Back presently. PM ye?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

....so get the spawn strings out....put in a tupperware box packed with sopping wet sphagnum moss soaked in the water from the reservoir and post that very morning next day premier super duper pay the extra quid  postage? 

Be better in a bag like they send fish I'd imagine?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm going looking tomorrow. Been speaking to a keeper who has got some spawn ready and waiting for me.

Sorry @waltjnr can't believe nobody has claimed your items 

Someone has claimed the netting ,for goal posts ,?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Something very much like that, mate!

Absolutely Grovelling apologies to Walt, for having pointed his thread at Cuba

Sorry. I'm just reaching the final minutes of my ability to work, here. I'm very limited and can Really tell when I've had enough. I've Had Enough!!!  The stress makes me waffle, look.

Back presently. PM ye?

Genuine question...do environmental conditions determine the sex the spawn will be? ,  I seem to have something in the back of my head saying it does but maybe it's just crossed wires? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kanny said:

does environmental conditions determine the sex the spawn will be?

Dear god. Ye've got me going now, mate! Simple, and honest, answer is that I don't fukking know!

There is a rule out there, isn't there. Some environmental factor has a bearing on the embryonic gender balance of Some fukking thing or other. Not African Bullfrogs, is it? :hmm:

Don't remember ever hearing it applied to Bufo though.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Dear god. Ye've got me going now, mate! Simple, and honest, answer is that I don't fukking know!

There is a rule out there, isn't there. Some environmental factor has a bearing on the embryonic gender balance of Some fukking thing or other. Not African Bullfrogs, is it? :hmm:

Don't remember ever hearing it applied to Bufo though.

Higher incubation temps will give you more males than females in most amphibians I'd assume it's the same for Bufo bufo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1