On the moles

4 hours ago, tilimangro said:

Like your man Jeff nichols?

ji hear he doesn’t really catch moles anymore as he makes his money through courses these days

take it up with Jeff when the buckys worn off

Yet again , just another naive comment from you ?  lol  Thats right, theres NO NEED for any courses now, its just exploiting, for an easy earner !  & i havent drank for god knows how long. You of all people, should know im just naturally sarcastic & like a moan , at times !    ha ha

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished farm happy farmer 57 moles had grandson today with me he loves been on farms

Checking traps today and Two albinos from the same field.  

Future catcher in the making. Will undercut the lot of us as well. 10 moles for a yogurt.  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, tank34 said:

Alan Jones he dose the course for mole trapping , don done the course what people say is thay catch more mole an less traps out , hopping to book it myself soon ,  uk purtangs supplies been sold on most of my traps from Paul when he had it , good traps for price an mole spade he done are good bit of kit to have cut out nice tunnel fits in snug , not had there flat bottom tunnel yet but rest are spot on ?

Thanks for the info, right , aye, a got talpex at a real good price from Paul, not too long ago.     "more mole an less traps out",  aye, makes sense, practised it myself for years now,.....nothing special to achieving it !

Just now, earth-thrower said:

Thanks for the info, right , aye, a got talpex at a real good price from Paul, not too long ago.     "more mole an less traps out",  aye, makes sense, practised it myself for years now,.....nothing special to achieving it !

Heard  the "course" isnt cheap ? (correct me if im wrong ?)   must be comprehensive & something special then, maybe ?   lol

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Let’s hear it then? How do you achieve that? You walk into a field a mass with moles, where would you start? Give the readers one your free courses as there’s no need for anybody to be paying ??‍♂️

Common sense, depends how the individual wants too approach it ? ,...you can flood it out , with traps ? or you can take an educated guess, & guess how many traps you want too install, based on your estimate of the amount of moles, present ?  Your experienced enough now, it seems, so am sure YOULL be telling me ?   lol

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Let’s hear it then? How do you achieve that? You walk into a field a mass with moles, where would you start? Give the readers one your free courses as there’s no need for anybody to be paying ??‍♂️

Guarantee you this though, I DONT put out 2 traps  (or even 3) for what i think may be just one mole,......(but you cant get it right all the time of course !)

Edited by earth-thrower
1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

Guarantee you this though, I DONT put out 2 traps  (or even 3) for what i think may be just one mole,......(but you cant get it right all the time of course !)

EVERY trap i lay i expect a mole in it.    No unsprung traps, (RARE occurance, but obviously still get the odd miss)

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

So where in a field would you out your traps tho? Educated guess? On what fresh hill? Runs into field? Where ?I’m asking you, yous said courses ain’t needed, so let’s hear it 

Well mate, again common sense , your looking over the workings & studying each situation,...you start to get a sense accurate to a fair degree, how many moles, roughly & spread your traps accordingly to what you think is working there

Just now, earth-thrower said:

Well mate, again common sense , your looking over the workings & studying each situation,...you start to get a sense accurate to a fair degree, how many moles, roughly & spread your traps accordingly to what you think is working there

Its not only "fresh hills" that dictate where moles are working/traversing,   ive been at this 30 year , & NEVER had to advertise, i must be doing at least something right   lol

Just now, W. Katchum said:

You still ain’t told me where to start tho, must be a starting point ? maybe you need a course pal ?

Are you really saying if your at a field & theres more tumps than grass, you dont know where to start putting traps in ?  (your more capable than that !)  mate, ave got to practise putting less rather than more traps out, basically cause im on foot, all the extra time & weight carrying gear, i cant afford  

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

You still ain’t told me where to start tho, must be a starting point ? maybe you need a course pal ?

NOBODYS course is gonna teach ME f**k all now !,.....i should start tutoring, for coin ? but im too miserable & bitter, for that still   ha ha ha

I’m asking you where would I start, you said folk don’t need courses so tell em as tho I’m a newbie like the guy on a course would, how you get me started, just dropping random traps cos that’s all you’ve said so far ?

So you dont know the "runs" ? or you cant decide where to place traps ?    ( right your winding me up now,...lol)

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If your in foot an carrying the minimal that’s even better, you should em expert at clearing fields with minima traps, should be a doddle to you, so where do I start ??

funny thing is I asked the same guy your trying tk rubbish here an he told me 2 simple words that made job a doddle ??let’s hear em ?

As i said after being with a guru, youll know more than me   lol

I not saying I know or don’t know anything, I’m asking you where would you tell somebody to start, Fcuking hell pal your making this hard work, I thought you couldn’t be taught anything an courses wasn’t needed ?

correct,   its not me trying to teach anybody

Just say you don’t know an you just drop traps an hope for best, it’s okay, there’s a few like you ?

mate, your calibre is never gonna bother me, a was probably mole trapping before you even thought about it, & no matter how much or little mole activity on whatever ground , & soil type, etc   the job gets completed, end of.  Your on the wind up, but your proving nothing, learn from your own mistakes, & youll go far !