Last couple of hours

Just been chilling with dog by local river after a few mile bike ride with him I'm before it gets dark. He can goes like a steam train at first pulling for first 1/4 of a Mile on flat road work. But what a like to do is put the brakes on abit having him work to pull me. Not only does it strip him down in weight but opens his lungs up too. It's better when you keep eye on your dogs weight an know what there best weight is for working as some can perform shite if not at the right weight. Just like greyhounds do on the track. I've dropped half a kg off him in 5 weeks of road work so hopefully he should be good this coming weekend. Now he's back home been fed an chilling like a good un. 

20220109_104607.jpg

20220109_104556.jpg

20220116_103904.jpg

20220102_143908.jpg

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been chilling with dog by local river after a few mile bike ride with him I'm before it gets dark. He can goes like a steam train at first pulling for first 1/4 of a Mile on flat road work. But w

me pal off here is letting me know mid week what day he’s down with his dog mate if me bitch isn’t flat and he comes sat i’ll have an hour sunday with you no bother    if carlsberg made whip

Shouldnt need to jog ya dog this time of year unless its back from injury really prime running time now aint it

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Just been chilling with dog by local river after a few mile bike ride with him I'm before it gets dark. He can goes like a steam train at first pulling for first 1/4 of a Mile on flat road work. But what a like to do is put the brakes on abit having him work to pull me. Not only does it strip him down in weight but opens his lungs up too. It's better when you keep eye on your dogs weight an know what there best weight is for working as some can perform shite if not at the right weight. Just like greyhounds do on the track. I've dropped half a kg off him in 5 weeks of road work so hopefully he should be good this coming weekend. Now he's back home been fed an chilling like a good un. 

20220109_104607.jpg

20220109_104556.jpg

20220116_103904.jpg

20220102_143908.jpg

U wanna try running him on summat bangers?

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, Black neck said:

U wanna try running him on summat bangers?

He sees plenty mate a just don't post owt on here to prove my dog grafts am not in play ground now pal nothing to prove to anyone. Just showing the new comers to the forum how to get your dog fit or not so young pup without it jacking by listening to numpties that haven't a clue an wonder why there dogs are laim or blown there lungs at a young age because they were thinking of there own benefits ie loads of likeys lol an not the benefit of the dog. But you live an learn eh sherly ? 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

He sees plenty mate a just don't post owt on here to prove my dog grafts am not in play ground now pal nothing to prove to anyone. Just showing the new comers to the forum how to get your dog fit or not so young pup without it jacking by listening to numpties that haven't a clue an wonder why there dogs are laim or blown there lungs at a young age because they were thinking of there own benefits ie loads of likeys lol an not the benefit of the dog. But you live an learn eh sherly ? 

He looks like he's knocking on a bit now, maybe it's time to start slipping him on gear before the early signs of arthritis start appearing. ?

35 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

I knew ud like that 1?

17 minutes ago, C.green said:

Shouldnt need to jog ya dog this time of year unless its back from injury really prime running time now aint it

I've not had time mate to run him this season been busy with bird shows. It's hard to have a few hobbys an mix them all in as you'll know. Shows for song birds shows for game birds work through week fishing for pike this time of year. But I thought a need to get out on the land so been knocking is weight down to what he's best at running at an plenty of road work am talking 15 mile runs out. This dog is 4 seasons in so a don't need to show him daft runners no sport there mate. Will pm you come weekend an send a clip of him on land. A won't put shit up on here or Any social media. A like to take a few clips forward them to wife then delete them on the land. Can't afford to be motor free with family life an work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The best training for a fight is a fight, should be at a peak now. ?

The best training for a fight is a fight. You talk shite I've boxed for years at white rose boxing club Greb an before I went there as a kid a couldn't move a could use my head but not my hands lol You've got to do your training to become a great athlete ? 

Just now, Bangersanmash said:

The best training for a fight is a fight. You talk shite I've boxed for years at white rose boxing club Greb an before I went there as a kid a couldn't move a could use my head but not my hands lol You've got to do your training to become a great athlete ? 

Don't thank me for that quote, thank the legendary trainer Ray Arcel, what does he know about boxing hey. ?

A saluki has got it in the blood, they were born to do what they do, unlike a kid training for the first time in boxing. 

Are you sure this isn't the first dog you've had? ?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Don't thank me for that quote, thank the legendary trainer Ray Arcel, what does he know about boxing hey. ?

A saluki has got it in the blood, they were born to do what they do, unlike a kid training for the first time in boxing. 

Are you sure this isn't the first dog you've had? ?

Fighting has got much to do with it but you need to be fit to fight mate. A was taught by two top men back in the day in west Yorkshire  les carn an my best friends dad Paul sykes over 25 years ago. Paul used to train me an micheal at white rose an his back garden. An les used to train me at bottom of chantry Bridge where the gallery is now in the unit mixed Marshall arts. You've got to train mate that's a fact 

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Fighting has got much to do with it but you need to be fit to fight mate. A was taught by two top men back in the day in west Yorkshire  les carn an my best friends dad Paul sykes over 25 years ago. Paul used to train me an micheal at white rose an his back garden. An les used to train me at bottom of chantry Bridge where the gallery is now in the unit mixed Marshall arts. You've got to train mate that's a fact 

I know you have to be fit mate. 

This should have been done at the back end of summer/early autumn though shag not at the back end of winter. 

Sykes was a cur mate, turned his back away from Gardner in his title fight. 

A bloke who I've trained with Neil Malpass beat him as well. 

A close family friend is world campion at Muay Thai boxing Dale White deano whites son an his training regime is unreal. He hasn't become a world athlete by just fighting. He's had to sculpture his body to cope an adapt with the pure force that's coming from his opponents body parts. 

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

A close family friend is world campion at Muay Thai boxing Dale White deano whites son an his training regime is unreal. He hasn't become a world athlete by just fighting. He's had to sculpture his body to cope an adapt with the pure force that's coming from his opponents body parts. 

Mate, it's common sense that you have to be fit to be a fighter, be that boxing, kickboxing, mma, etc. 

Still, fighting/sparring is the bread and butter of it all. 

Look at Chwis Eubank, hardly did any roadwork at all. 

Chavez, didn't learn any of his tricks doing fancy pad work or any of that, learnt it all sparring. 

Read the interview with Manny Steward, said he learnt loads from Chavez and he was one of the best ever.