The test. Mirookoo.

20211218_142949.jpg.080a1d2f6e95f00199d35381dc61a73e.jpgSo, thinking ahead.  I want something  steel proof. Well at least shoot some standard steel.

Unfortunately my Tula is full and full and I don't want to touch it so long story short my good friendly dealer borrowed me a mirookoo (miruku) grade 4 from the 90's 26" barrels skeet and 1/4 choked.

I have had a few shots with it and taken a few birds but my question is, what kind of effect will skeet and 1/4 choke have on steel?

Will it behave like 1/4 &1/2 choke?

Edited by Sausagedog

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beretta, uck, now got to wash my mouth out. Over priced cnc produce. Besides I've got one but it's more interesting that the tarts model choice. I'm with you on chokes. This wee skb is 1/4&

Sorry lads, took it back. Hot sweats, disturbed sleep, I just could not settle. Something just didn't suit. The dealer, a friend was very sympathetic and let me loose in his armoury. It was

How about this shot? This wonderful bird lifted ahead of me by 25yards, flew away from me and then turned left. The sxs flew to the shoulder effortlessly,  flicked it through and shot. The

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, ianm said:

I have used Empire super steel in all of my old guns, aya's, miruku, winchester etc and it is superb. Really fast, kills well and sixty five quid a slab. 

Have any of your guns got light chokes, like quarter or less? If so are the steel loads a bit tighter pattern wise over the lead shot?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Have any of your guns got light chokes, like quarter or less? If so are the steel loads a bit tighter pattern wise over the lead shot?

Thank you.

Yes the Winchester is improved and quarter the Miroku is sleet. Both shoot well with the steel.

• Thanks 1

I bought a miroku o/u as I was sick of the auto spiting cartridges all over.. so after last season got the o/u, I decided to use steel for anything me or the dog are gonna eat. 
me and my mate have tested loads of different shells/ shot sizes and weights.. I had two skeet which I thought would be good for what I wanted but the amount of stuff that carried on flying wasn’t funny,

when I patterns them there was a good spread apart from the centre where there were fist size holes in the pattern so I swapped to both barrels fitted with modified and settled on these cartridges, there not cheap but work better than anything else I’ve tried.. not goose loads but work well on pigeon and pheasant.

D139987A-CBB1-44B9-9D88-F9A0C28B2150.jpeg.54146f53c55fbe9d0ebecf1af0669ec9.jpeg

mate took this big dog sat morning with no1 steel, he thought he was gonna get taken out by it smashing through the wood.. it was hot on the tail of a vixen and neither of them even noticed him ?

274FAABB-0E8C-42BC-89FB-603479A9487A.jpeg.fe36f2d485d0af3f57f6da42df24441a.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

I bought a miroku o/u as I was sick of the auto spiting cartridges all over.. so after last season got the o/u, I decided to use steel for anything me or the dog are gonna eat. 
me and my mate have tested loads of different shells/ shot sizes and weights.. I had two skeet which I thought would be good for what I wanted but the amount of stuff that carried on flying wasn’t funny,

when I patterns them there was a good spread apart from the centre where there were fist size holes in the pattern so I swapped to both barrels fitted with modified and settled on these cartridges, there not cheap but work better than anything else I’ve tried.. not goose loads but work well on pigeon and pheasant.

D139987A-CBB1-44B9-9D88-F9A0C28B2150.jpeg.54146f53c55fbe9d0ebecf1af0669ec9.jpeg

mate took this big dog sat morning with no1 steel, he thought he was gonna get taken out by it smashing through the wood.. it was hot on the tail of a vixen and neither of them even noticed him ?

274FAABB-0E8C-42BC-89FB-603479A9487A.jpeg.fe36f2d485d0af3f57f6da42df24441a.jpeg

Hmmm, so skeet was no good?

I don't have choke tubes, this one is fixed.

Up to what distance was it good?

I have heard #4steel is a good choice.

Foxes like that are exciting.

Thanks Si.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Hmmm, so skeet was no good?

I don't have choke tubes, this one is fixed.

Up to what distance was it good?

I have heard #4steel is a good choice.

Foxes like that are exciting.

Thanks Si.

Skeet opened up to much for me at about 30 yard…

I tried all sorts of different chokes makes of chokes and all sorts sd, I took a box full and tested all sorts with my mate and from the experience I have not that I profess to being an expert is try different loads in what you’ve borrowed as different size shot and loads patten differently quite dramatically through the same chokes

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

Skeet opened up to much for me at about 30 yard…

I tried all sorts of different chokes makes of chokes and all sorts sd, I took a box full and tested all sorts with my mate and from the experience I have not that I profess to being an expert is try different loads in what you’ve borrowed as different size shot and loads patten differently quite dramatically through the same chokes

Good points mate.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Sausagedog said:

Good points mate.

Might cost a few quid to find the right choice but when it comes together it’s worth it and I think fixed is a good choice cos once you’ve found what works well there’s no more messing about thinking should I change choke?

• Like 2

Sorry lads, took it back. Hot sweats, disturbed sleep, I just could not settle. Something just didn't suit.

The dealer, a friend was very sympathetic and let me loose in his armoury.

It was then that I stopped picking up them up and over things and spied a little skb 200e 1/4 and half choked. As soon as I shouldered it it was a perfect fit.

It feels petite compared to a chunk of girder and is nicer to carry.

My friend said take it and try it. So I did.

20211222_105054.jpg.0290e58995a6dd06ba7e822f6608cc8f.jpg

Now need to keep testing and try some steel in it but so far it feels just right.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Sorry lads, took it back. Hot sweats, disturbed sleep, I just could not settle. Something just didn't suit.

The dealer, a friend was very sympathetic and let me loose in his armoury.

It was then that I stopped picking up them up and over things and spied a little skb 200e 1/4 and half choked. As soon as I shouldered it it was a perfect fit.

It feels petite compared to a chunk of girder and is nicer to carry.

My friend said take it and try it. So I did.

20211222_105054.jpg.0290e58995a6dd06ba7e822f6608cc8f.jpg

Now need to keep testing and try some steel in it but so far it feels just right.

Yerr, it’s got its barrels on the right way, that’s why it feels just right ??

I wondered what you were doing with that topsy turvy thing SD ?

• Haha 3