Last year at the Welsh I bought a deerhunter jacket and my expectations were high but i have to say im bitterly dissapointed with it.the rain pisses through it,i am going to buy a new jacket in the future and would like to get something with a lot more rain resistance,any ideas that you will share with me on type and price,i do a lot of ferreting,shooting and digging so hit me with your thoughts on the best jacket out there.

Last year at the Welsh I bought a deerhunter jacket and my expectations were high but i have to say im bitterly dissapointed with it.the rain pisses through it,i am going to buy a new jacket in the future and would like to get something with a lot more rain resistance,any ideas that you will share with me on type and price,i do a lot of ferreting,shooting and digging so hit me with your thoughts on the best jacket out there.

get your self a wax jacket mate as people tell me they last for ever

I spent £140 on a 'Laksen Yack' and I dont mind it, but it does absorb water if not regulaly sprayed with waterproofing stuff. The type of materials used are quite soft and catch on brambles easy too.

.......and to be honest I much prefer my £40 waxed cotton jacket. 100% waterproof.... and Brambles and thorns just brush off it.

H&J

Guest ripstop
I spent £140 on a 'Laksen Yack' and I dont mind it, but it does absorb water if not regulaly sprayed with waterproofing stuff. The type of materials used are quite soft and catch on brambles easy too.

.......and to be honest I much prefer my £40 waxed cotton jacket. 100% waterproof.... and Brambles and thorns just brush off it.

H&J

ive tried loads of jackets, deerhunter, snowbee, berghaus, and the best i got was off a mate, very tough goretex a brand called rossilino, black and brown, one tough jacket, good pockets, underarm vents and silent. other than that, a dpm goretex got mine for 2.50 at a car boot, ebay do good uns oh and wax jackets. good luck in finding what you need rip

thanks guys,i bought a gortex today for 40 euros only because i was stuck for the morning,but im definitely going to study the one put up here.I have a big problem with wire tearing the jackets but i expect nothing has been invented yet thats wire proof.I'll be at the midlands this year so i'll have my homework done by then and know what it is i want,i hope :icon_eek: