Wildcat mk2 .25 sniper power level

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preferential VIP customer service for Bentley Owners Club members Phil. That’s the way of the world my friend......?   ?

Ben.................................... I said not to fart about and get the Mk3, they are feckin superb, I love it so much. .22, 18gr JSB Heavy or Zan 25gr although I am still playing with the slugs

Yeah you're right mate - the adjustability will be needed. I am planning on using it for shooting into trees (another reason I'm undecided on the .25, not that there be any risk of it leaving our boun

Posted Images

Between the mk2 and the mk3, I think it might come down to how versatile you want/need it to be Ben. Easily adjustable power is a great bonus in that respect. Will you be shooting into trees etc ? In and around farm buildings ? If so, depending on location, you’ll be needing to turn it down and use lighter pellets maybe.  All worth consideration before you decide.

Edited by Dervburner
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

If so, depending on location, you’ll be needing to turn it down and use lighter pellets maybe.  All worth consideration before you decide.

Yes mate I will. Any ideas at what sort of ft/lbs the .25 trajectory start to become just too "loopy" to point .22 make more sense? 

2 hours ago, villaman said:

In my opinion go for mk3 in .22 cal 

In all honesty mate it was .22 I put in for. When variation came back they'd put .25 by mistake. I spoke to feo & they obviously said they'll happily change it, but variation took a loooooooooong time & I don't really fancy wanting that long again (I know in theory a 141 should be quick..)

2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Yes mate I will. Any ideas at what sort of ft/lbs the .25 trajectory start to become just too "loopy" to point .22 make more sense? 

In all honesty mate it was .22 I put in for. When variation came back they'd put .25 by mistake. I spoke to feo & they obviously said they'll happily change it, but variation took a loooooooooong time & I don't really fancy wanting that long again (I know in theory a 141 should be quick..)

At a minimum I think you’d want to be running the lighter (20ish grain) .25 pellets at around 30ft lbs energy to avoid difficulties regarding trajectory. Much less energy than that .22 will make more sense.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

They should do it straight away 

23 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Between the mk2 and the mk3, I think it might come down to how versatile you want/need it to be Ben. Easily adjustable power is a great bonus in that respect. Will you be shooting into trees etc ? In and around farm buildings ? If so, depending on location, you’ll be needing to turn it down and use lighter pellets maybe.  All worth consideration before you decide.

Yeah you're right mate - the adjustability will be needed. I am planning on using it for shooting into trees (another reason I'm undecided on the .25, not that there be any risk of it leaving our boundary) a lot, especially at spring time. 

Mk3 it is! Was just trying to be a tight git - it's all the bloody northerners on here being  bad influence!! 

• Haha 2

Ben.................................... I said not to fart about and get the Mk3, they are feckin superb, I love it so much. .22, 18gr JSB Heavy or Zan 25gr although I am still playing with the slugs but with pellets, it is nothing less than a joy to use.

Phil

• Like 2
8 hours ago, philpot said:

Ben.................................... I said not to fart about and get the Mk3, they are feckin superb, I love it so much. .22, 18gr JSB Heavy or Zan 25gr although I am still playing with the slugs but with pellets, it is nothing less than a joy to use.

Phil

What size slugs are you using Phil 

what many of us have found 217 21 or 23 gr works the best not the 218 

speed wise any thing from 900 to 970 FPS  , I have settled at 940-950 FPS with 21gr 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

What size slugs are you using Phil 

what many of us have found 217 21 or 23 gr works the best not the 218 

speed wise any thing from 900 to 970 FPS  , I have settled at 940-950 FPS with 21gr 

The Zan 25gr and H&N 217,  21gr but as you say the 218 were rubbish and so were the Zan 20 and 23 you kindly sent.  I did pm you a few days ago Mitch. What is the difference between the 217 and 218, is it the diameter.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

The Zan 25gr and H&N 217,  21gr but as you say the 218 were rubbish and so were the Zan 20 and 23 you kindly sent.  I did pm you a few days ago Mitch. What is the difference between the 217 and 218, is it the diameter.

Phil

Sorry Phil had no pm yep diameter 

ZAN 217 works the best in fx guns and 218 for H&N