" Carb's " ?

19 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Ps don't eat wood unless your a beaver......

But, can I eat beaver, if it gives me wood? :hmm:

Sandy; I appreciate the effort, mate. But, as ever on here, I try to frame as clear and simple a question as I can. Then a dozen people come at it from a dozen angles. Most of them completely disregarding what I've actually typed.

You've focused very much on the hunger issue? That's somewhat a poor secondary to the craving for 'Sweets'.

Obviously, I dug around a bit myself, before blundering in here and asking the circus. I'm perfectly happy with the whys and wherefores. I know what's going on, and why.

It's all down to this new and transient craving for 'sugar'. And, yes, as you and others point out; It's all a bit more involved than sitting here with a bag of Tayte & Lyle. Got that too. I grasp all the release mechanism gumbo.

Hence ~ dragging us back to my initial post / up to date: I understand I may eat certain Foods, to get the results. Or ~ I hope, because I don't eat fruit, eg. ~ I was hoping there may be a more simplified / concentrated form of what I need.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

But, can I eat beaver, if it gives me wood? :hmm:

Sandy; I appreciate the effort, mate. But, as ever on here, I try to frame as clear and simple a question as I can. Then a dozen people come at it from a dozen angles. Most of them completely disregarding what I've actually typed.

You've focused very much on the hunger issue? That's somewhat a poor secondary to the craving for 'Sweets'.

Obviously, I dug around a bit myself, before blundering in here and asking the circus. I'm perfectly happy with the whys and wherefores. I know what's going on, and why.

It's all down to this new and transient craving for 'sugar'. And, yes, as you and others point out; It's all a bit more involved than sitting here with a bag of Tayte & Lyle. Got that too. I grasp all the release mechanism gumbo.

Hence ~ dragging us back to my initial post / up to date: I understand I may eat certain Foods, to get the results. Or ~ I hope, because I don't eat fruit, eg. ~ I was hoping there may be a more simplified / concentrated form of what I need.

But the craving for sweets is likely due to blood sugar imbalance and sweets answer that problem, therefore sweets are concentrated form of what you need so the simple honest answer for a simple form of what you want is sugar, but sugar, although the right answer, wasn't what i thought you were looking for.

That's why I looked for an alternative answer to the initial problem, "the blood sugar imbalance". Alternative to sweets would be energy bars but likely more expensive than the sweets or something like chocolate milk which is cheaper can be homemade and occupies you whilst you wait for the meal you've eaten to trigger your sated receptors. 

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

"the blood sugar imbalance". 

Bingo! Now we're talking, see? :) Yeppers.

And, I honestly don't know if it's the volume of tea ~ suitably sweetened, of course! ~ that I'm taking, because I'm trapped at this desk, trying to figure out this new 'modem' they've sent me. Or just the absolute distraction of messing with this fukking thing?!

Only, I'm Not so seriously visualising that jar of mushrooms, out in the kitchen! Could this be the very first sign of the shit in my body sorting itself out ~ as, of course, I full recognise it Will?

Sort of leaves me in limbo then, really. If I go for 'Energy Bars' (Cost really isn't an issue. It's a short term thing and well worth what ever it takes, believe me) I'll have to wait till I have them. That'll take time. Might this whole thing break IN that time?

That's entirely possible, of course. Could it have been the condition peaking that finally drove me to post? Maybe yesterday was the worst of it?

It's fukking strange, this! Sitting here, looking up at the marshmallows. Thinking; 'Do I need one? Can I resist? Is there anything to resist?!'

It's just possible I'm getting the very first signs that I've beaten This fukker too!

'Core Strength'? Half of them don't know the true fukking meaning of it!:boogy:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Bingo! Now we're talking, see? :) Yeppers.

And, I honestly don't know if it's the volume of tea ~ suitably sweetened, of course! ~ that I'm taking, because I'm trapped at this desk, trying to figure out this new 'modem' they've sent me. Or just the absolute distraction of messing with this fukking thing?!

Only, I'm Not so seriously visualising that jar of mushrooms, out in the kitchen! Could this be the very first sign of the shit in my body sorting itself out ~ as, of course, I full recognise it Will?

Sort of leaves me in limbo then, really. If I go for 'Energy Bars' (Cost really isn't an issue. It's a short term thing and well worth what ever it takes, believe me) I'll have to wait till I have them. That'll take time. Might this whole thing break IN that time?

That's entirely possible, of course. Could it have been the condition peaking that finally drove me to post? Maybe yesterday was the worst of it?

It's fukking strange, this! Sitting here, looking up at the marshmallows. Thinking; 'Do I need one? Can I resist? Is there anything to resist?!'

It's just possible I'm getting the very first signs that I've beaten This fukker too!

'Core Strength'? Half of them don't know the true fukking meaning of it!:boogy:

banana's are  sugary carbs and fill you up

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1

Not a shake as such , but maltodextrin 100% carbs may help 

I assume you have a blender , one scoop of malto , 1 cheap whey protein , Purely to add a better taste , use water or if your really flash skimmed milk 

use as a supplement or a meal replacement for brekkie etc . 

side effects may include using an Eric cartmen style voice . “ I’m starting to fill out quite nicely “ beefcake , you can fulfil your dreams .

hope that helps  

• Haha 2

So, that basically sounds like a 'Complan' type deal? Sort of meal in a mug idea? I can relate to that. Actually got a couple of those outside. Can't remember what I got them for, this time.

I'm feeling good, actually! Remember thinking I'd make one more tea. Then deciding to get my shit done first. Done shit. Including eat my dinner.

Now, I've had my, usual, after dinner marshmallows. (Treat / palate  cleanser) Now, I'm cruising along here and am Not really registering any shoulder monkeys. Just had a swig or two of my barley water. But I'm not chugging it like I depend on it. I actually think I might have broken the back of this one too now :)

Bummer, that I have sixty quid of sweets in the post! ?

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not a shake as such , but maltodextrin 100% carbs may help 

I assume you have a blender , one scoop of malto , 1 cheap whey protein , Purely to add a better taste , use water or if your really flash skimmed milk 

use as a supplement or a meal replacement for brekkie etc . 

side effects may include using an Eric cartmen style voice . “ I’m starting to fill out quite nicely “ beefcake , you can fulfil your dreams .

hope that helps  

Zzzzzzz……zzzzzzzz……zzzzzzzz