Trail Cam Tekki Help, Please?

Chink cam's arrived. NOT 'Plug 'n Play'! :icon_eek:

Tells me: " 7. Set Date, Time, Work Mode: Set up text file as name: time, open " time.txt " file, set date and time format: 2019-11-11 12:59:59 332Y, and save it to micro sd card root "

Then, it goes into a load of shit about " 332Y work mode as follows ". We can get back to that.

Anyone? Please?

Aint you got a youngster or responsible adult to give it the once over mate ?.....frustrates the life out of me when you have the gadgets but no idea how to use them.

As i remember my ones you just put the date on it and away you go.

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Aint you got a youngster or responsible adult to give it the once over mate ?

I was going to post this on Pest Control. Because, I know, a chap on there has a couple of such cam's and has them working.

But, as I also know; He has Grand kids available! I expect They just sighed in exasperation with him and said; " Give it here, Grandad ..... There! Good to go. " :(

Nice thinking, Mackem! I'd never even thought to mention the bloody make! :wallbash: It's a Lilon Mini Trail Camera. Model PR600A.

Found this vid'. It's for the C. But, same thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xB9n4mI4Ng

I found it interesting that he says dry cells. Not nicads. I'd used nicads. Now I tried dry. Nicads, I glimpsed a little, red blink. Dry's didn't evoke that, that I noticed?

The relevant folder's on here. (MP Navigator EX. In my Pictures folder. Windows 10) But, it's coming up empty, no matter what.

• Like 1

Okay! Progress!!! :D Couple of things:

1. I had the bright idea of taking out this things MicroSD and putting it (with the adaptor) into my Bushnell cam. I then did my usual and, hey presto! Fukking folder appeared, as ever. Shit ton of shots of me, staring into This new cam!

2. I then ~ re watching the vid ~ found the USB thing I'd shoved in the back of my machine is a Reader for the MicroSD!!! ? (God, I'm a kunt, sometimes!) And That, too flashed up the folder!

So; It seems the plug and wire connection isn't working? I'll see if I have a fresh, spare one.

3. Finally; He tells us how to change the time stamp and what the cam does? Mine doesn't appear to get vid's yet. And the time's 2017.

Between 4.55 and 5.55, on the chube, he shows / tells us how to do that. But, he's too quick and I can't fathom it :rolleyes:

Anyone, please? @comanche ?

And it's Out There!!! :boogy:Can't fukking wait for tomorrow, now!

See Fox fox has company, again. (There was three or Four of them out there, Tuesday (?) night!)

I can't get this thing filming vid' yet. ( @ands, I saw you were in here earlier? I asked Comanche because he uses these cheap cams. Wondering now if You started off with them? Any insights, please?)

It also appears the 'line out' function may be fukked, out of the box? I've tried a raft of leads. Looks like I'll be pulling SDS cards about, till That fukks up :(

Another concern is that I have another cam, on the way. And I have my eye on yet another make too! (:laugh: cheap is fun!) But, it strikes me that, having two or three, all pointing at the feed spot; Might the flashes trigger them all? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Ands; The fukker 'shows' us, on that video. It's just all so fast and unclear, I can't catch wtf he's doing.

Anyway, how happy am I, today? No sign of the postman. No word from any couriers. None of my long over due and desperately needed shit from Amazon. Nothing.

Oh well. Chin up ~ as Pierrepoint used to say, with a smile. I must see what this new cam managed, last night! :boogy:

Brought it in. Got my 'old' cam down. Took its card out. Thought how This wasn't gonna be my fukking future. Ripping cards out, left, right and centre.

Now, where the Fukk have I put the adapter I need to put the new ones micro card into?

Hunted high and low. Finally found it, tucked away somewhere. Good. Looking for a hole to put a mains adaptor ~ like they do with the C model, on chube? No hole. Bummer! They say this thing eats batteries, and only takes dry cells? Fukk.

Open her up and go for the micro card. Push at the slot. Nothing. Scratch it. Dig it. Peer closely at it ..... What The Fukking Fukk?!?!?

Eventually found the pox ridden fukking card. Still sat up there, on the shelf. In the fukking 'Card Reader USB fukking thing!!!

Worst is? I'd sat here, half the fukking night, manfully Resisting the urge to go get the cam in. Just to see what it had made of Fox fox appearing for her grub! FFS!

Just don't talk to me for the next hour or so. I'm liable to be a bit fukking snappy!!! :censored:

1 hour has elapsed So you forgot to put the card in? lol I had a similar cam i never managed to change the settings either it wasn't very good quality but it sure was lucky- always seemed to be in the right place and i always wished i'd put the good cam where that one was.

This was taken with my iPad yesterday whilst carrying out leaf fall inspections don’t ask lol there’s much more to it than you can imagine.

I reckon if I had food with me I would have had it eating out of my hand it was that tame very unusual….

CDB4A248-37DA-464D-88CE-61F9380FAC98.jpeg.32578db4a05dcd3cbe830813081a3c2c.jpeg

• Like 3

Flats; I've found the tamest wild creatures ye'll find are to be found on railway platforms.

I'd imagine they start by sniffing around for dropped crumbs, after the people have gone. Eventually working it out that the people dropping crumbs will ~ if they'll show themselves to them ~ directly toss crumbs.

Funny, when ye think about it; We all accept garden birds doing it ...

• Like 1
On 02/12/2021 at 14:28, Ken's Deputy said:

I was going to post this on Pest Control. Because, I know, a chap on there has a couple of such cam's and has them working.

But, as I also know; He has Grand kids available! I expect They just sighed in exasperation with him and said; " Give it here, Grandad ..... There! Good to go. " :(

He doesn't visit this section KD. You could PM him though. 

Edited by Nicepix
  • Thanks 1