The prices of the jdm cars!!!!!

Well folks, have you seen the prices of the jap turbo cars from 80s and 90s??? My goodness theyve took off, i was looking early evo or scooby but yad need to import it yerself as the market here is tooooo strong and also the uk cars have the ginger cancer. Any of you guys into the jdm cars? And do any of you import any yourselves?

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've owned 2 impreza,5 Forrester's,a MK2 MR2 TWIN TURBO,an EVO 2 and a  3, a Legacy turbo,Dc5 type R,none standard,all tuned and tweeked..Let all mine go Len?Sold my last scooby sti in may this yr,mad

Just picked this up for running back and forth site...20 yrs old,1 owner from new 12 stamps in the book from Landover...£200 off my mates granddad..120,000 genuine miles...minter lol ,5 spanking new s

Just got rid 67 e class amg line payed 16500 sold for 21700 nice little return 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Well folks, have you seen the prices of the jap turbo cars from 80s and 90s??? My goodness theyve took off, i was looking early evo or scooby but yad need to import it yerself as the market here is tooooo strong and also the uk cars have the ginger cancer. Any of you guys into the jdm cars? And do any of you import any yourselves?

There strong money sti well over 10k now like you say rear sill arches and boot floor sub frame most a rotted ?

Mates younger cousin had an evo, few years back I asked what it was worth he said 30 I said what £3k nah 30k , looked like a boy racer thing. Crazy money they said on radio this week second hand cars had gone up massively, due to import delays lack of supply and spare cash being saved during covid

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Borr said:

Mates younger cousin had an evo, few years back I asked what it was worth he said 30 I said what £3k nah 30k , looked like a boy racer thing. Crazy money they said on radio this week second hand cars had gone up massively, due to import delays lack of supply and spare cash being saved during covid

Same for housing, the furloughed have saved so much that they have huge deposits and buying everything up and driving prices through the roof too

I've owned 2 impreza,5 Forrester's,a MK2 MR2 TWIN TURBO,an EVO 2 and a  3, a Legacy turbo,Dc5 type R,none standard,all tuned and tweeked..Let all mine go Len?Sold my last scooby sti in may this yr,made a nice drink on it....Mrs fell in love with an Octavia VRS...so  remapped that-street sleeper (looks like your the law ?)...rapid motor tbf...not as much fun  as the  flat four with a Garret Turbo though?..only toy I got now bar a few Moto X bikes is the Renault 5 GT with a Volvo turbo lump in her,my brother just put a Mondeo ST220 engine with a massive turbo in a fiesta Mk7...had it on the road a week..then got banned?so she's parked up down my mams place till next yr some time...with the cost of fuel these days,you will feel the hit in your pocket running them old JDM's as an everyday car?sketch-1620407747847.png.6edf8c923181579f2f277a540d4f1d86.png

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Same for housing, the furloughed have saved so much that they have huge deposits and buying everything up and driving prices through the roof too

That's also a lot to do with people moving out of cities and working from home makes location less important, there was also a waver on stamp duty, and to top it off interest rates remain low, ownership is at its lowest for some time and lower than most of Europe, building material shortages have also scuppered new build progress. Going to be a few Europeans selling up and heading back making maybe 30% on a property they might have owned for a couple of years. I think the market will improve next year , slight increase in interest rates, more houses being built, if market drop back to precovid they'll be a lot of folks in negative equity for sure....

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've owned 2 impreza,5 Forrester's,a MK2 MR2 TWIN TURBO,an EVO 2 and a  3, a Legacy turbo,Dc5 type R,none standard,all tuned and tweeked..Let all mine go Len?Sold my last scooby sti in may this yr,made a nice drink on it....Mrs fell in love with an Octavia VRS...so  remapped that-street sleeper (looks like your the law ?)...rapid motor tbf...not as much fun  as the  flat four with a Garret Turbo though?..only toy I got now bar a few Moto X bikes is the Renault 5 GT with a Volvo turbo lump in her,my brother just put a Mondeo ST220 engine with a massive turbo in a fiesta Mk7...had it on the road a week..then got banned?so she's parked up down my mams place till next yr some time...with the cost of fuel these days,you will feel the hit in your pocket running them old JDM's as an everyday car?sketch-1620407747847.png.6edf8c923181579f2f277a540d4f1d86.png

Is that vrs a 4x4? Or just the fwd? I was in 2nd gen octavis vrs tdi and it was quick, ive been looking at the a4 tfsi quattros seem cheap enough

12 minutes ago, Borr said:

That's also a lot to do with people moving out of cities and working from home makes location less important, there was also a waver on stamp duty, and to top it off interest rates remain low, ownership is at its lowest for some time and lower than most of Europe, building material shortages have also scuppered new build progress. Going to be a few Europeans selling up and heading back making maybe 30% on a property they might have owned for a couple of years. I think the market will improve next year , slight increase in interest rates, more houses being built, if market drop back to precovid they'll be a lot of folks in negative equity for sure....

Yep supplies through the roof timber has over doubled somethings gota give or we are heading for a 2010 recession again

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

you will feel the hit in your pocket running them old JDM's as an everyday

Aint that the truth,  ive said before  im near enough paying for my audi S3 with what I'm  saving in fuel that I used in the forester xt,  something about those boxer engines that make you rag em , you just can't help it lol 

• Haha 1