Well it's arrived!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was offered a French rifle last year. It was from 1939, never fired and only dropped once! ? 

A few weeks ago i ordered a new .243. It had to be a Tikka T3X supervarmint. On Friday i got a call from the rfd to say it had arrived. After picking it up i sorted the trigger to my liking and fit a

I’d just like to add that actually, I don’t like the French , “ Cheese eating surrender monkeys “.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, KimE said:

You have to start manufactoring of British powders so you dont have to buy Finnish, French, Swedish, Swiss or Czech powders.

Please don’t be offended by our dislike of the EU . For my part it is not aimed at the member states or it’s wonderful people, but I direct my disdain towards the overpaid bureaucrats in Brussels who made so many crazy laws and rules . 
        There was a time when to buy British meant that it was the best in the world, those days are gone . I shoot Finnish rifles with German and Hungarian glass , American bullets , but if I could buy British that was as good I think I would . 
         I am against a Federal Europe and would like to see all the countries of Europe free from Brussels and able to trade and be friends but as our own sovereign states . 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Please don’t be offended by our dislike of the EU . For my part it is not aimed at the member states or it’s wonderful people, but I direct my disdain towards the overpaid bureaucrats in Brussels who made so many crazy laws and rules . 
        There was a time when to buy British meant that it was the best in the world, those days are gone . I shoot Finnish rifles with German and Hungarian glass , American bullets , but if I could buy British that was as good I think I would . 
         I am against a Federal Europe and would like to see all the countries of Europe free from Brussels and able to trade and be friends but as our own sovereign states . 

I’d just like to add that actually, I don’t like the French , “ Cheese eating surrender monkeys “.

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’d just like to add that actually, I don’t like the Germans either. Too many bad experiences with towels and sun loungers. 

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Aw Ben , I didn’t realise you were dyslexic. 

If it was dyslexia I'd be saying Hsilgne kcirp!! 

(Christ that took me so long to work our maybe I am!! ) 

• Haha 3

I dont like the EU  federal movement(Macron-Merkel) we needed UK to push against the Eurozone countries. France did have a leadership in small arms technologi from the 1870 going their own way even then other designs were available for them, until now then they adopted a german musketoon(and so did UK).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KimE said:

I dont like the EU  federal movement(Macron-Merkel) we needed UK to push against the Eurozone countries. France did have a leadership in small arms technologi from the 1870 going their own way even then other designs were available for them, until now then they adopted a german musketoon(and so did UK).

I was offered a French rifle last year. It was from 1939, never fired and only dropped once! ? 

• Haha 7

I was offered some land with a wall called the Maginot Line on it. Impervious wall. One previous owner, never used.

Apparently the French forgot to extend it into the low countries and the Germans just drove around.

May I direct our French cousins to their closely related Italian cousins and specifically tell them to as for someone called Hadrian in Rome. Apparently he knows how to build walls which don't have ends. May I also advise he doesn't mention this when in Scotland.

On 20/07/2021 at 11:10, ianm said:

I never bother measuring to the lands so i couldn't tell you. On the nosler loading data it says to seat to 2.510" so that is where i start. I then seat either side and see which way is improving. I won't bother with doing it with this load though as it is good enough where it is. What i can tell you though is that Mike Norris of Brock and Norris told me the bigger the jump the bullet has to the lands the more accurate it is at range. 

I have just looked on the barnes load data and it also recommends RL15 as a powder for its 58grn varminators.

Seat to 2.540" , 41.1grns bottom load for 3,501fps up to 45.7grns for 3844fps. 

I can confirm this, I backed further off the lands with my 6.5 and the groups tightened up considerably

• Like 1