Well it's arrived!

On 20/07/2021 at 00:28, ianm said:

A few weeks ago i ordered a new .243. It had to be a Tikka T3X supervarmint. On Friday i got a call from the rfd to say it had arrived. After picking it up i sorted the trigger to my liking and fit a dayscope to enable some load developing. I already had a few homeloads from my last .243 and a box of 100grn federals plus a box and half of Hornady 58grn. I also loaded some 55grn nosler varmageddons with rl15 powder. Saturday i went to a local farm to run the rifle in and try a few different loads. I used the federals to run it in which consisted of cleaning the barrel first then firing a shot and cleaning again three times. I am quite pleased with the RL15 loads which grouped nicely even though i struggled at times to see the black cross on the board. I have bought some shoot and see targets for the zeroing session this week.

IMG_8876.JPG

IMG_8874.JPG

Excellent choice, but what the heck is that mod ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was offered a French rifle last year. It was from 1939, never fired and only dropped once! ? 

A few weeks ago i ordered a new .243. It had to be a Tikka T3X supervarmint. On Friday i got a call from the rfd to say it had arrived. After picking it up i sorted the trigger to my liking and fit a

I’d just like to add that actually, I don’t like the French , “ Cheese eating surrender monkeys “.

Posted Images

On 20/07/2021 at 00:28, ianm said:

A few weeks ago i ordered a new .243. It had to be a Tikka T3X supervarmint. On Friday i got a call from the rfd to say it had arrived. After picking it up i sorted the trigger to my liking and fit a dayscope to enable some load developing. I already had a few homeloads from my last .243 and a box of 100grn federals plus a box and half of Hornady 58grn. I also loaded some 55grn nosler varmageddons with rl15 powder. Saturday i went to a local farm to run the rifle in and try a few different loads. I used the federals to run it in which consisted of cleaning the barrel first then firing a shot and cleaning again three times. I am quite pleased with the RL15 loads which grouped nicely even though i struggled at times to see the black cross on the board. I have bought some shoot and see targets for the zeroing session this week.

IMG_8876.JPG

IMG_8874.JPG

You missed.........?

Nice set up Ian ??

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, ianm said:

I was offered a French rifle last year. It was from 1939, never fired and only dropped once! ? 

Strange did the Germans melt down the british weapons after Dunkirk and leave the french?

1 hour ago, KimE said:

Strange did the Germans melt down the british weapons after Dunkirk and leave the french?

We have a saying in England “ people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones “ ,(  google it KimE) . Sweden remained neutral, ignored the moral issues and played both sides for profit , having said that when Sweden could see which way the war was going in 1945  , bravely allowed the allies to use its airbases, thanks for that .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

We have a saying in England “ people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones “ ,(  google it KimE) . Sweden remained neutral, ignored the moral issues and played both sides for profit , having said that when Sweden could see which way the war was going in 1945  , bravely allowed the allies to use its airbases, thanks for that .

Well said sir!

In other words "nobody likes an arsehole"?

• Like 2

Yes we made some strange things to call us neutral, sending 1/3 of our our fighter wings to Finland with voluteer Swedish military pilots, Allowing a recruitment office for Finland in Stockholm. Allowing German troup transport through Sweden, exporting steel to Germany. Training a Norwegian militarypolice during the occupation. Sharing intelligence to the allies. Setting up a Finnish signal intelligence station with Finnish personel in Sweden together with their saved arcive from Finland. Repairing American bombers to send them back to UK to continue the bombing of Germany.

2 hours ago, KimE said:

Yes we made some strange things to call us neutral, sending 1/3 of our our fighter wings to Finland with voluteer Swedish military pilots, Allowing a recruitment office for Finland in Stockholm. Allowing German troup transport through Sweden, exporting steel to Germany. Training a Norwegian militarypolice during the occupation. Sharing intelligence to the allies. Setting up a Finnish signal intelligence station with Finnish personel in Sweden together with their saved arcive from Finland. Repairing American bombers to send them back to UK to continue the bombing of Germany.

The Swedes did what they had to do to survive. Same as our expeditionary force that evacuated Dunkirk . ??

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Christened it yet Ian?? 

No the weather hasn't been brilliant this week so i haven't even zeroed it properly.

I am out later with the 204 to try to catch up with a fox that sometimes turns up and sometimes doesn't.?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ianm said:

No the weather hasn't been brilliant this week so i haven't even zeroed it properly.

I am out later with the 204 to try to catch up with a fox that sometimes turns up and sometimes doesn't.?

Good luck