Will catapults be the New firearms ?

16 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Just read local echo about youths with catapults an throwing stones at swans to separate  the adults from the cygnets . 
other week it was a man killing a pigeon . 
will this draw to much attention to catapults ? 

Will take years mate, been doing the same with air guns for years, always highlight the negatives and slowly build your case, a man killing a pigeon with a catty is a good thing in my eyes not a negative, ??

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Will take years mate, been doing the same with air guns for years, always highlight the negatives and slowly build your case, a man killing a pigeon with a catty is a good thing in my eyes not a negative, ??

Yeah funny ebough popped up on my Facebook feed yesterday the comments from women cracked me up .?

Mrs bought be a black widow catapult for my birthday back in april because i always talk about having one as a kid . Stopped off on drive home from work and let the young boy i have helping me out have a go on it . Amazing that some kids these days have never used pr held a catapult 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Mrs bought be a black widow catapult for my birthday back in april because i always talk about having one as a kid . Stopped off on drive home from work and let the young boy i have helping me out have a go on it . Amazing that some kids these days have never used pr held a catapult 

I always had a few little stick shooters with light elastic and a bag of dried chick peas for the kids that came to my house because nothing pisses me off more than seeing them with there devices stuck to the end of there noses, would stick a few tins up the garden and they would get right into it, sadly it’s an easy out for parents to whack a device in front of a kid to keep them quiet but the long term effects are quite frightening ??

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Their more interested in their mobile phones these days than anything else.

6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Their more interested in their mobile phones these days than anything else.

too true. for us it was a steady progression from bird nesting to catapults, (gadders we call them), to gatt guns on to air rifles. then a mix of folding four tens and. .22 rifles. happy days. 

• Like 4

There is no new problems with sling shots , air guns  , crossbows ect , all the problems with these things are media driven .  Problems will happen with these things , they always have some people will be criminals and use something in a criminal way . The only new problems are what campaigners  and the media create to push their agender and wishes .

• Like 5

I was in conversation with some younger workmates about different meat fodder and was telling them about how good tasting wood pigeon breast was and told them i get a few with the catapult which they then burst out laughing a fekin catapult hasten to add the piss was taken out of me from calling me Dennis the menace to asking if i could shoot the gaffer in the head wile he was spying on us out of an upstairs office window . I think we are safe for the time being as most people who have never shot or owned a good well made catapult and seen how deadly they can be in the right hand's will still think they are some cartoon characters toy .

• Like 2