Clarkson’s farm

5 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Well I've just signed on the dotted line to buy a 63 acre small farm myself,  looking forward to the government handouts and putting my feet up ?

On a serious note I've NO IDEA what I'm doing and I'm shiting myself at the thought of actually earning a living from land with no experience of farming.......and I'm told there's no single farm payments from next year.

Any chance of a bit of rabbiting?  ?

• Haha 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I've just signed on the dotted line to buy a 63 acre small farm myself,  looking forward to the government handouts and putting my feet up ? On a serious note I've NO IDEA what I'm doing and

Can't keep up with who you are supposed to like or hate anymore? Rich and famous = hate? Anyhow..  ill give this a watch, I like how he is on TV and its about farming/countryside... works fo

Looking forward to this!   

11 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Well I've just signed on the dotted line to buy a 63 acre small farm myself,  looking forward to the government handouts and putting my feet up ?

On a serious note I've NO IDEA what I'm doing and I'm shiting myself at the thought of actually earning a living from land with no experience of farming.......and I'm told there's no single farm payments from next year.

It’s being replaced by elms mate so probably better for you in all honesty, all payments linked to enviro stuff.

on a serious note if you do need any advice or have any questions, I do a wee bit of farming lol and farm consultancy. Always happy to help a fellow dog man! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Good luck ?

I would love to get hold of some land and let it revert back like they did at knepp.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Is it land or will you be living there mate?

Living there, house is ok but I'll still want it bigger and better, it's built with modern shit brick and has no place on my little Welsh hill. There's a few agricultural steel framed buildings and a couple of the old buildings,  one of which I'll probably knock down. I'll spend my first year feeling it out to get an idea of how the yard works first.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Living there, house is ok but I'll still want it bigger and better, it's built with modern shit brick and has no place on my little Welsh hill. There's a few agricultural steel framed buildings and a couple of the old buildings,  one of which I'll probably knock down. I'll spend my first year feeling it out to get an idea of how the yard works first.

Sounds awesome mate! 

13 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Thats sounds great....?

I'm a loner at the best of times, it's beginning to dawn on me I'll need all the help I can get and then some. The wife's got a few horses so in truth thats one of the reasons for the move, the other is it's everyone's dream to escape the rat race and I'm taking my chance. 

No idea if I want to keep sheep or just rent out the ground,  I've got ideas of buying a tractor and doing my own hay too. The reality of making hay is daunting,  only now I've come to realise the logistics of it and the equipment id need !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dillydog said:

I'm a loner at the best of times, it's beginning to dawn on me I'll need all the help I can get and then some. The wife's got a few horses so in truth thats one of the reasons for the move, the other is it's everyone's dream to escape the rat race and I'm taking my chance. 

No idea if I want to keep sheep or just rent out the ground,  I've got ideas of buying a tractor and doing my own hay too. The reality of making hay is daunting,  only now I've come to realise the logistics of it and the equipment id need !

There is a simple joy to making hay, however it’s probably easier to buy it in. But then again, where’s the fun in that, and if you’re paying £5/6 a bake for horse hay, then it might well be worth it. 

You will find that 60 acres is actually quite a lot of ground to manage. You will be able to have everything you wish for there.

A little herd of nice easy going cattle, few sheep, couple of pigs to fatten for the freezer and enough chickens and ducks for eggs for you, and hey, it’s not a farm yard without chooks is it!

I think I might have just worked out who you are ? 

Had pigs before,  i ended up giving most of the pork away, I'm up for keeping a few beef cattle and we've done the chicken thing too. If you know who I am you're welcome to come and drink as much brew as you can handle, I swap my bullshit stories of terriers if you tell me all about farming  ?

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Had pigs before,  i ended up giving most of the pork away, I'm up for keeping a few beef cattle and we've done the chicken thing too. If you know who I am you're welcome to come and drink as much brew as you can handle, I swap my bullshit stories of terriers if you tell me all about farming  ?

I don’t think we’ve ever met, but I’ve dug to some dogs from your kennel, when I was keepering in Wales. Very handy dogs from What I can remember! And that sounds like a deal mate ? 

10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I don’t think we’ve ever met, but I’ve dug to some dogs from your kennel, when I was keepering in Wales. Very handy dogs from What I can remember! And that sounds like a deal mate ? 

Out of likes, you're on

• Like 1