On 15/04/2021 at 14:37, Ken's Deputy said:

Nah dont like that one mate bit tacky....same as them desk plaque things they almost look a bit gimmicky.

I quite like the weathered/aged look of this one it seems to " fit " the house and just looks smart i think.

IMG_7191.jpg

On 15/04/2021 at 20:25, Nicepix said:

If they will let you borrow it for a day you can make a plaster of Paris mould from it and then cast your own using fine grade fibreglass and resin. Spray it with bronze paint and put it in a weatherproof wooden frame. 

What am i Tony Hart !!....if it comes off this wall it wont be going back on it thats for sure ?

• Haha 3
29 minutes ago, sid g said:

did you notice how much the desk plaque sold for gnash ? touch over 700 quid 

Well after taking Katchums advice i did phone up about getting one made and got told around 17 grand ?

When the geezer started asking me things like whether i wanted cold cast resin or foundry bronze i realised i should probably do a bit of research ?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

What am i Tony Hart !!....if it comes off this wall it wont be going back on it thats for sure ?

WWW.THE-SALEROOM.COM

Bid Live on Lot 268 in the April Interiors Sale Auction from Biddle & Webb.

WWW.THE-SALEROOM.COM

Bid Live on Lot 1041 in the Jewellery, 19th/20th Century Design & Ceramics Auction from Lawrences...

On 15/04/2021 at 21:25, Nicepix said:

If they will let you borrow it for a day you can make a plaster of Paris mould from it and then cast your own using fine grade fibreglass and resin. Spray it with bronze paint and put it in a weatherproof wooden frame. 

I actually made one very similar to this but of Nelson for a mate of mine a few years back , The mould was made of  cold pour rubber , then cast in resin ..I used to have a fibrous firm and we routinely made moulds for all manor of work ..Shallow plaques like the Churchill one would be fairly straight forward ...

• Like 1
On 19/04/2021 at 13:54, socks said:

Go all out and buy this bad boy .....

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

LARGE WALL BASED PLAQUE/BAS-RELIEF OF CHURCHILL'S FACE in bronze resin. Limited edition of100 from...

Stone me 4 foot x 3 foot... i wanted something that discreetly welcomes you into a traditional English household not a " Beware of the Dog " sign ?.....anyway got a talented young artistic mush on the case now,or so he says anyway.

• Like 1