Caistor Lincolnshire

20 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Try cassy yourube greb she kills kick up under a min but different hares different time of year mate 

Many a dog will kill kick-ups in less than a minute though, even non coursing bred dogs. 

My 3/4 collie x greyhound was a very decent hare catcher. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fukc sake I dropped that by mistake. Can I have it back please. 

I found this defo been run lol

Not so much lately mate and by that I mean 2-3 seasons .Signs are there that few been run ,pads, Kickups  and some dopey feckers slip lead but no hares left behind which is my point .Run what you need

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Many a dog will kill kick-ups in less than a minute though, even non coursing bred dogs. 

My 3/4 collie x greyhound was a very decent hare catcher. 

I agree mate but none will kill one December on a kick up can easily turn into a 5 min run mate if it was easy to kill hares with speed in first few bends were all these hare coursing greys everyone have them mate in reality there is no dog will go from September to March killing hares in a few bends mate 

• Like 4
Just now, foxdropper said:

When your constantly visited by vermin with dogs mate I’m afraid the gun earns its keep .

Running stuff to eat ,feed dogs is one thing but leaving it about boils my piss and gets the rifle a few outings .

Don’t let the odd knob do your Ed in mate 

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I agree mate but none will kill one December on a kick up can easily turn into a 5 min run mate if it was easy to kill hares with speed in first few bends were all these hare coursing greys everyone have them mate in reality there is no dog will go from September to March killing hares in a few bends mate 

Of course kick ups can be killed in December and January, it happens all the time. 

There's no excuse for slipping a coursing dog so quickly when a hare gets up, reeks of desperation to me. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

When your constantly visited by vermin with dogs mate I’m afraid the gun earns its keep .

Running stuff to eat ,feed dogs is one thing but leaving it about boils my piss and gets the rifle a few outings .

Leaving the catch to rot is a knackers errand, I've known of places where the hares have been shot out, but the other species are still there to run, so never really understood why the hare has to get the shitty end of the stick 

11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’m afraid in your game the odd knob tars you all mate .It’s sad but true .Had runners myself so know the score but can’t abide the kill and leave it vermin 

I hate to leave out odd time you have to now even if it’s to come back to the days of walking 2 hares over shoulder gone now 

sounds like you’ve been seeing it a lot mate 

8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Of course kick ups can be killed in December and January, it happens all the time. 

There's no excuse for slipping a coursing dog so quickly when a hare gets up, reeks of desperation to me. 

You think your going to get a dog that you can  go out with once twice a week and catch 2/3 hare in a few bends right through the season  you’d soon get sick a trying mate 

once a hare knows the score mate it isn’t going over quick even off a kick up mate 

some hares you can give 300 yds slip on it will wait let dog get close then start  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You think your going to get a dog that you can  go out with once twice a week and catch 2/3 hare in a few bends right through the season  you’d soon get sick a trying mate 

once a hare knows the score mate it isn’t going over quick even off a kick up mate 

some hares you can give 300 yds slip on it will wait let dog get close then start  

Not at that time of year of course not but trying to deny other crosses don't catch kick-ups in those months is silly, hell my 3/4 did. 

We both know that slipping on a kick-up is stacking the cards in your favour, not giving the hare chance to get going. 

If that wasn't the case then why do comps insist on fair law?