New to air rifles

I have just got my first air rifle(Diana trailscout) and I’m just looking for any tips and tricks to get me to the point I can stop rabbits and rats from raiding my allotment. I don’t want to even think about dispatching anything until I can do it ethically.

• Like 2

First step is to find the most accurate pellet for your gun at 30 yards , then pratice until you can get every pellet in to a size of a pound coin , time after time , set up targets from 10- 35 yards , probably the furthest you are going to shoot on allotment, then re zero your gun say at 20 yards then learn hold over & under 

what is the average distance you would be shooting at ?

• Like 3

If you want an rabbit head size target without side effects zero using a paper target then  put a potato at 30 yds and have a go .Or an apple headshot =deadshot .

And for rats set up a bait point with either peanut butter or chocolate spread like nutela ,under a light so you dont need a torch whilst theyre active at night.You dont have to wire things up a simple red led or torch so they dont scare off and jobs a good un ,good luck.