Where in the UK?

Obviously keeping it legit; all would have loved to have run reds on exmoor with the lurcher but we can't now. 

Where would you like to hunt/fish outside your norm? 

I'd like a crack at the rabbits on the dales. 

Tope in North Wales, Blonde Ray in South Wales, skate in West Scotland, pollock/coalies and cuckoo wrasse on the Isle of skye, stingray on the South Coast are the main ones on my list. 

• Like 3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived and breathed them from running all corners of this land from Devon to the highlands the dogs brought me many highlights and a few lows they cost me  a divorce a house and a few quid else were

Stags in the meanest country Scotland can offer.

They fecking do on sundays, it's like a old 4x4 convention at times round me....

i run lurchers from the early 80s worked them from the top of scotland down cumbria yorkshire  lancashire cheshire wales merseyside and more finished with them a good while ago just ferret and mooch with a terrier approaching 60. But looking back i wish i would have run the fens with a purpose bred coursing dog.

Edited by darbo
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, darbo said:

i run lurchers from the early 80s worked them from the top of scotland down cumbria lancashire cheshire wales merseyside and more finished with them a good while ago just ferret and mooch with a terrier approaching 60. But looking back i wish i would have run the fens with a purpose bred coursing dog.

I lived and breathed them from running all corners of this land from Devon to the highlands the dogs brought me many highlights and a few lows they cost me  a divorce a house and a few quid else were but wether lamping or digging the company was normally top class but in my eyes it's gone now to what it was I have my memories I have had the privilinge of seeing some very good dogs work in great  knowledgeable company 

• Like 12
13 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Obviously keeping it legit; all would have loved to have run reds on exmoor with the lurcher but we can't now. 

Where would you like to hunt/fish outside your norm? 

I'd like a crack at the rabbits on the dales. 

Tope in North Wales, Blonde Ray in South Wales, skate in West Scotland, pollock/coalies and cuckoo wrasse on the Isle of skye, stingray on the South Coast are the main ones on my list. 

Just booked a week on Skye for July fishing looks very good and am booking a day with a guide i know up there.......apart from that would love to flight wigeon and pinks under a moon.

4 minutes ago, bell said:

Just booked a week on Skye for July fishing looks very good and am booking a day with a guide i know up there.......apart from that would love to flight wigeon and pinks under a moon.

A few of the club lads went year before last and had a cracking time with plenty of speci fish

• Like 1

I'm trying to think what else I want to do but struggling a bit, which is good I guess. More than anything I want to just do a lot more of what I've already experienced.

But I'd like to add ptarmigan. They live in tough country and you earn your feed with those. Red grouse over pointers would be worthwhile too.

Perhaps boar too, but I'm not exactly rivetted by the thought of splatting one over feed out of a seat...

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm trying to think what else I want to do but struggling a bit, which is good I guess. More than anything I want to just do a lot more of what I've already experienced.

But I'd like to add ptarmigan. They live in tough country and you earn your feed with those. Red grouse over pointers would be worthwhile too.

Perhaps boar too, but I'm not exactly rivetted by the thought of splatting one over feed out of a seat...

Be a bit like fish in a barrel that wouldn't it. 

Have you seen the yanks on meat eater doing sage grouse over pointers? 

Just now, South hams hunter said:

Be a bit like fish in a barrel that wouldn't it. 

Have you seen the yanks on meat eater doing sage grouse over pointers? 

Yeah, also read quite a bit about upland bird shooting in the US. Mostly stuff over spaniels. It's proper 'hunting'.