Work off your permissions...

I have some perm in fact I first went on there in86  my old lad since 76 this year due to lock down he  lost a few pregnant yews and folks dogs running them and attacking them he's normally a mild lad but as lost faith enough is enough   I have shot a akia and a staffy so far  for grabbing sheep in lamb and a collie is next on the list  from a couple up the road she's been warned but I have gaied 2 new perms through it 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have some perm in fact I first went on there in86  my old lad since 76 this year due to lock down he  lost a few pregnant yews and folks dogs running them and attacking them he's normally a mild lad but as lost faith enough is enough   I have shot a akia and a staffy so far  for grabbing sheep in lamb and a collie is next on the list  from a couple up the road she's been warned but I have got  2 new perms through it 

59 minutes ago, TOMO said:

bit of woresearch and new permission...very nice mate

thanks for the like....but im buggered if i know what a wrote there ...lol.....

work and new permmision i think it was meant to say...

12 minutes ago, TOMO said:

thanks for the like....but im buggered if i know what a wrote there ...lol.....

work and new permmision i think it was meant to say...

I got the jist...lol

21 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I have some perm in fact I first went on there in86  my old lad since 76 this year due to lock down he  lost a few pregnant yews and folks dogs running them and attacking them he's normally a mild lad but as lost faith enough is enough   I have shot a akia and a staffy so far  for grabbing sheep in lamb and a collie is next on the list  from a couple up the road she's been warned but I have gaied 2 new perms through it 

You killed them?

21 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Was asked to clear some rabbits for a farmer who I've known for years, he'd retired to a new place which had a few too many rabbits on it, leaving the farm to his son...

Ferreted it earlier in the year, only a couple of fairly easy to do banks, had a decent enough day, 25 rabbits and no aggro..

My lad and godson done the graft!! Lol

20201108_144256.jpg.8ebd760f5160cbeb1fef8a53c0e58ca2.jpg

Got yapping to the old boy at the end of the day and he asked if I was still in the building game

"Yeah what do you want"

A new workshop out of this old barn....

So we done a little make over for him....

My brother and brother in law done most of the graft...

From this 

IMG-20210125-WA0015.jpg.920ff207556e7d25ebb8d246f357c2fe.jpg

To this

IMG-20210125-WA0020.jpg.a64c1865774338d305e8a047cca7f62b.jpg

IMG-20210125-WA0018.jpg.e7f0da1ea78e5b5136ae1d0c8bfb7506.jpg

IMG-20210125-WA0019.jpg.0b601be74e9f8ed27883dacabd7d1b15.jpg

Hes sorting the concrete floor....

Hes chuffed and I picked up a few more bits of permission local....so ideal.

Always willing to give people a hand as long as they give a bit. Had a local farmer ring me once 1 in the morning bad calving calf hip locked. Up out the door straight there in 10 mins there for a hour helping to calve cow. Calve and cow survived. That earned me his respect to the point now he just says crack on. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

You killed them?

I tried grabbing them whilst they were stuck in to a ewe not for the first time with the intention of taking them back up to the yard but the akita turned nasty then the staff followed suit there's no way I'm getting bit so I shot them far from the outcome I wanted 

11 minutes ago, sid g said:

i used to do a bit of painting on a farm local to me got permo of them for a bit of digging from that got a few farms  the sons sold out to a  quarry  readymix when the old  gal died ,  she left me these prints in her will around 1986 142345923_1410948062409123_1121453731639074301_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=KjbOB5n4axgAX-2G1G_&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&tp=6&oh=849d3b8daf0fda0ac6e82510bf8104dc&oe=6036BDE5No photo description available.

Cracking that mate.....

Lovely pics and nice she thought of you..

26 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Always willing to give people a hand as long as they give a bit. Had a local farmer ring me once 1 in the morning bad calving calf hip locked. Up out the door straight there in 10 mins there for a hour helping to calve cow. Calve and cow survived. That earned me his respect to the point now he just says crack on. 

Once they know you are decent sort it opens a lot more doors...

That's a real good gesture though, will definitely hold you in good stead.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Once they know you are decent sort it opens a lot more doors...

That's a real good gesture though, will definitely hold you in good stead.

Family of farmers help. Me being a farm worker in the same area I grew up in I know a lot of the farmers. Pretty often out half the night bringing in silage before the rain for a bit of cash and bit more permission. Ratting aswell good way of getting lamping I find. Proves your trust worthy and sensible. Can normally pick a bit more that way 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, sid g said:

nice family mate she used to make us a brew in jam jars tea with watered down evap milk in jam jars just what you needed to start the day off ?

One of the farms I do just up the road, she's proper eccentric, old school, and done the lot hunting...she farms around 500 acres, lives on her own...

Sat up at her table a few times for a coffee and she had some great old pics, from lurchers she's owned to terriers etc... said she had 15 rabbits one night and carried them back plus the lamp and old school battery from a place which is probably 4 or 5 miles hard walking from hers.... she's about 5ft 2 and 8 st  wet through, but hard as nails....

I was there on Sunday for a few hours and she came over with a fox on the front of her quad from the night before...

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Id do the same if I was in that position mate not a great deal of money in rearing lamb as some farms are not large scale production so every breeding yew counts keeping a small scale farm operating every lamb lost his the pocket. Good on ya fella ??

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, poxon said:

Id do the same if I was in that position mate not a great deal of money in rearing lamb as some farms are not large scale production so every breeding yew counts keeping a small scale farm operating every lamb lost his the pocket. Good on ya fella ??

My grandad keeps 200 ewes. Lost 23 lambs through out the last 12 months due to the hill billy farmer who lives up the road farm dogs gone feral. Lucky for him lamb price is good as that would be a lot of his profit down the pisser