15 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Looks like somone took a kuro and welded a bunch of extra stuff to it ?Koro-Large-Rodent-Double-Spring-Trap-for-killing-rats-and-grey-squirrels-1.jpg.4c552378e7f18affe896fefc48c6205c.jpg

Similar in shape, but the similarities end there i feel. Looks a better design than the Koro, but that wouldn't be hard anyway. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Totally different to the Koro, and the main point is that it is one of the few traps that is approved for stoats. Its advantage over the DOC is that there are no additional approval conditions other than using it in an appropriate tunnel (to minimise non-target risk), as people will be aware, the DOC has very specific set of instructions regarding internal baffle positioning that MUST be followed in order to comply with the approval. It's other main competitor is the Tully, which is much longer and probably significantly heavier. The Perdix should be a much easier straight replacement in tunnels that were originally made for Fenns and height and width wise it's compatible. The Tully also is height and width compatible with Fenn tunnels but might not be suitable for all of them due to its length as it might end up too close to the entrance. I've used a Tully and it was effective, haven't used the Perdix but may get one to try soon.

• Like 1

I've several pals working traps on the Moors,.. they tell me that the Doc sure delivers some powerful medicine to the Stoats❗

Mind you, its only right and proper,...I've always felt that a killing trap should do what it says on the tin, I reckon this fecker does?

• Like 2

Apart from all the upset caused by the ban on using fenns for stoats, its nice to see some new trap designs being developed the last few years. I find it very interesting to see new concepts being created, some of which are very clever indeed.

• Like 1