1600 century farm house name

14 minutes ago, Arry said:

It's not uncommon back then if you name was say Ford then would have been Fford, so might be double F. Did think Forge to be fare and it would make sense. The second word seems to me to end   OINE  and the first  IOE  but the O might be a D.

Got me hooked.

Cheers Arry

The red arrow looks to me like the symbol for 'and'

The blue arrow looks like the capital G to me 

IMG_20201228_135741.jpg

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

The red arrow looks to me like the symbol for 'and'

The blue arrow looks like the capital G to me 

IMG_20201228_135741.jpg

This is off the same map mate it says Hele. If you compare the H I think it's a good match. Thanks for trying to help, doing my head but enjoyable at the same time

IMG_5631.jpg.241cd3c65ba92ed9cd8fc4030a277eed.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Looks like an arched door possibly a church door 

It an old Farm House mate where my Lad and Wife and Granddaughter live in one wing of his wife parents place. It's a beautiful place thatched with wood-burners fantastic views out buildings where my lad has his office. On the side of Dartmoor with fields and miles of Woodland on the doorstep. A place where you dream of, one day if I win the lotto Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Arry said:

It an old Farm House mate where my Lad and Wife and Granddaughter live in one wing of his wife parents place. It's a beautiful place thatched with wood-burners fantastic views out buildings where my lad has his office. On the side of Dartmoor with fields and miles of Woodland on the doorstep. A place where you dream of, one day if I win the lotto Lol.

Cheers Arry

Couldn't agree more. My family and I had hoped to move to Dartmoor (or at least close enough to walk to it as I can't drive). We'd looked at several houses, taken the kids to see the primary and secondary schools in Okey and where hoping to have moved by now. Unfortunately "family matters" intervened and we're unable to move for the foreseeable future. I'm jealous.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Couldn't agree more. My family and I had hoped to move to Dartmoor (or at least close enough to walk to it as I can't drive). We'd looked at several houses, taken the kids to see the primary and secondary schools in Okey and where hoping to have moved by now. Unfortunately "family matters" intervened and we're unable to move for the foreseeable future. I'm jealous.

So am I mate, would love to live there. My Lad filmed Red Deer out of his office window in the field below not 150 metres away. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1