Surviving the reset

Carring on from the winter solstice topic.

Talking of a natural reset, how many on here honestly think they would survive it, espically with most of us involved in some type of country life and living.

What would you deem to be the best and main essentials need in every day life.

Do you think that ones to survive will have learnt any thing from the past, on what not to do, and live a slimplear life existence, more in tune with nature, to be grateful, respectful and work with her instead of against 

Something like the movie the day after tomorrow, or a plauge outbreak 28 days later, but without the zombies of course ??

Just for a bit of discussion and craic, nothing to serious. 

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or is it some of us hope (secretly or other wise) for a rest, to get back to simpler times. Some of us are home sick for times we never knew, simpler farming and hunting practices, with basic liv

True Until we run out of ammo, I'd go more for com pound and crossbows. Rods, lines, traps and nets.. Ferrets, and lurchers also. Boat, chickens, polytunnels and a small amount of lives

It all sounds like a great adventure but alas the farther we are from the primitive the more idyllic it seems, less so up close. ? Living with toothache for months, dying horribly from gangrene f

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Having guns will help

True

Until we run out of ammo, I'd go more for com pound and crossbows. Rods, lines, traps and nets..

Ferrets, and lurchers also.

Boat, chickens, polytunnels and a small amount of livestock.

Shelter been a massive thing as well.

Atb j 

• Like 5

Bit lazy but just brought it across 

41 minutes ago,  jetro said: 

Talking of a natural reset, how many on here honestly think they would survive it, espically with most of us involved in some type of country life and living.

What would you deem to be the best and main essentials need in every day life.

Do you think that ones to survive will have learnt any thing from the past, on what not to do, and live a slimplear life existence, more in tune with nature, to be grateful, respectful and work with her instead of against 

Just for a bit of discussion and craic, nothing to serious. 

Atb j 

A couple of good dogs a sea worthy boat, bit of fishing gear a handful of catapults and I,m ready for whatever is coming,??have read in the past that if society ever breaks down completely around 90% would have killed each other or died in the mayhem within the first fortnight, so as long as you have somewhere to go and survive the first month things will slowly improve and you can come out of hiding and maybe start rebuilding with others that have done the same, not that I’ve put much thought into it mind ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Thats all ok until someone wants what you've got and is willing to do what it takes to get it

Again, true. 

But the time would come when we do run out of ammo, need to be prepared for such situations 

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jetro said:

Again, true. 

But the time would come when we do run out of ammo, need to be prepared for such situations 

Atb j 

Trapping will be something we will become proficient at again both for food and as a defence around our chosen space, in truth it would be back to survival of the fittest and strongest again with very little room for wokeness and even if I only lasted a few months I think I’d still rather see it than sit festering in the shit we have created  for another 50 years, I really was hoping this virus was the start of it ✌️

• Like 2
Just now, jetro said:

How long do ye think it would take some reglious order, or some new political party to try and take control of the people and ruin the new "Eden" for want of a name for the new era

Atb j 

Think things will go much as they have before, family groups will grow into small community,s  then tribes etc until you get to your gengis Khan Roman Empire type invading fecks followed by civilisation democracy and the whole circle of shite goes round again, ?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Trapping will be something we will become proficient at again both for food and as a defence around our chosen space, in truth it would be back to survival of the fittest and strongest again with very little room for wokeness and even if I only lasted a few months I think I’d still rather see it than sit festering in the shit we have created  for another 50 years, I really was hoping this virus was the start of it ✌️

Out of likes ??

Atb j 

Just now, Ted Newgent said:

Are we starting a preppers thread

guns plenty

dogs 2

boat ?

need to stock pile fuel first

Would you say you'd have it easier over in Canada Ted, due to its vastness, low population and a large amount of game, big and small. 

Atb j 

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Think things will go much as they have before, family groups will grow into small community,s  then tribes etc until you get to your gengis Khan Roman Empire type invading fecks followed by civilisation democracy and the whole circle of shite goes round again, ?

So a couple of thousand years before we're back to square one again. 

The nature of the beast I suppose. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chesney said:

The codes for the nukes just in case we need to reset the reset.

I was thinking along the lines of a natural reset, don't think there would be much survival from a nuclear winter from the bombings. 

Atb j 

Or is it some of us hope (secretly or other wise) for a rest, to get back to simpler times.

Some of us are home sick for times we never knew, simpler farming and hunting practices, with basic living, closer to nature, 

Atb j 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2