Brexit 32 days

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Nearly there, exciting to see what it’s all going to throw up.

I wonder what challenges and opportunities it’s going to present ? 

How will the 3 month in every 6 month rule affect you Wilf, or does Ireland and the U.K. Have a seperate agreement ?

Cheers.

25 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

How will the 3 month in every 6 month rule affect you Wilf, or does Ireland and the U.K. Have a seperate agreement ?

Cheers.

I don’t know what that rule is mate.

However we have the CTA and full reciprocal rights.

As far as I’m aware the most I have to do is get an Irish driving license 

Just now, baker boy said:

I think those of us who voted leave will be disappointed

I think it will be a process mate, what lots of folks hoped for won’t happen overnight.

There is 50 years to unravel and that won’t be quick.

• Like 3

The way I read it is;

The UK said EU citizens living here would see no change to their status, and expected the EU to reciprocate.

But now the EU has said Brits living in the EU will only have the same rights as other non-EU citizens.

They will only be allowed to stay in an EU country for 3 month out of every 6 months without a visit visa. If they want to stay longer, they will have to apply for a visa, even if they own a home there.

Cheers.

i think it will take a long time ,rules will be made up then altered  ,the frogs will play up for a while as usuall  untill they realise how much they need us ,and ovcourse it will cost us    as it allways has  ,,.life goes on!!.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The way I read it is;

The UK said EU citizens living here would see no change to their status, and expected the EU to reciprocate.

But now the EU has said Brits living in the EU will only have the same rights as other non-EU citizens.

They will only be allowed to stay in an EU country for 3 month out of every 6 months without a visit visa. If they want to stay longer, they will have to apply for a visa, even if they own a home there.

Cheers.

I think that’s a bit over simplified. It will depend on residency rules/laws within countries & how long residents have had their agreements.

17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The way I read it is;

Cheers.

CTA covers that mate and my wife is an Irish citizen anyway.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I think that’s a bit over simplified. It will depend on residency rules/laws within countries & how long residents have had their agreements.

Yeah, I think it's aimed more at visitors who have holiday homes, not people with the relevant visa or residency status.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I reckon it going to be a delicate balancing act for Ireland.

They have set up a ferry service already to go round the UK but it’s a 24 hour crossing and god knows how much it will cost.

Its odd stuff I find funny, so at 5 to 11 on the 31st I can bring in a car, truck or machine no problem.......at 5 past 11 that same bit of kit has to be completely dirt and soil free in case of contamination ! Lol

Its all that type of nonsense that’s going to have to get dealt with.

Interesting , this went up last night :hmm:

Cross-border trade

The EU and UK will trade on WTO terms from 1 January 2021. The default position in this case is that UK service providers will be required to comply with GATS rules on services provision.

Check out the full text here 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ireland-providing-services-after-eu-exit

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, kanny said:

Interesting , this went up last night :hmm:

Cross-border trade

The EU and UK will trade on WTO terms from 1 January 2021. The default position in this case is that UK service providers will be required to comply with GATS rules on services provision.

Check out the full text here 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ireland-providing-services-after-eu-exit

Could be fact, could be posturing.....none of us know mate, we are all mushrooms 

• Like 1

I said right at the start that the EU would fight dirty and try to bully the UK. The only way to get a good deal is to go for a no deal Brexit. Then the EU will be like a chicken coop with a fox in it and they will kick each other to pieces. Once they have finished and the Germans have restored order the UK will get the deal they deserve.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I said right at the start that the EU would fight dirty and try to bully the UK. The only way to get a good deal is to go for a no deal Brexit. Then the EU will be like a chicken coop with a fox in it and they will kick each other to pieces. Once they have finished and the Germans have restored order the UK will get the deal they deserve.

You had to do anything special as an expat there mate ?

• Like 1