Ace 20 months

Hello all I've been on here a few months now and just after a few tips. 

I've got my dog fit and been out trail running with him most days, but now is the time to get him to work. I had a non kC whippet before him who I fancied working but never got round to it and I've always wanted to.

I've just purchased a lamp setting me back £59.99. So I'm sort of making myself get out there this time around after missed opportunities to go with lads who knew what they were doing. I've since lost contact with them.

So what's the best time to get out ? 

Do you gut the rabbit as soon as its caught ? preparing them etc. 

I'm not expecting any miracles just looking to get started,  as I think it is something I will really enjoy when I know what I'm doing a bit more. Atb20201130_181129.jpg.5c2fbb9d01cda038fc54958748c45294.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do you know where there are rabbits living in decent sized fields ?

Yeah I saw a few on my run with him the other day just as it was getting light. He was straight over there

But I also saw someone on the cotswold way driving in the field with what I know now to be a big lamp, so was gonna head out there after I've had a cup of tea. 

Just gonna walk through the fields with my lamp and see what happens ?

4 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

In probably 3 1/2 hour away too but welcome for a walk out I know some easy spots you'll get a lot of runs where I start pups off

Thanks I'll bare that in mind. I have travelled for football so no different I suppose

Just got back from my first outing. I saw no more than 10 rabbits and a deer. It started to rain so probably didnt help. I walked 3.8 miles but dog didnt chase anything, probably more my fault.

I did enjoy it though,  the first rabbit I saw I thought this is it but nothing. I'm gonna definitely be out again this week try a different field. Maybe even in the morning.

• Like 1