Tara

Been getting a few pms recently about my bitch Tara. 

How's she doing, how's she bred height etc and am I breeding her in the near future. 

Tara is doing great job for me, doing what she was bred for, plenty speed stamina and a strong jaw. 

She's Wheaton bull grey x deer grey 27tts. 

A few have asked if I'll be breeding her in the future. if she continues the way she is then yes I'd certainly take a litter from her. 

It's always something you think about when your running a bitch that is ticking all the boxes and I'm not going to lie there would be 3 possible studs I have in mind. 

From what I have seen atm there seems to a very good crop of dogs about. Well at least around me there is. 

The last pic is of her dam and sire both very good animals. 

IMG_20200817_150438.jpg.2467f8847ede386af43c76d861a6081a.jpgIMG_20200707_174927_723.jpg.5346d8e5989ea44275cb3665f8470a2e.jpgScreenshot_20200112_220954_com.android.chrome.jpg.1181b332871df098dc16940bc2fbfc00.jpg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

What sort of breeds you looking at regards stud? 

The 3 dogs I have in mind are 

Wheaton grey 27tts

Wheaton bull grey 28tts possibly a tad taller 

Bull grey around 26tts 

All doing exactly what I want a lurcher to be doing. 

• Like 1

What is it you want a lurcher doing mate 

1 hour ago, jcm said:

Been getting a few pms recently about my bitch Tara. 

How's she doing, how's she bred height etc and am I breeding her in the near future. 

Tara is doing great job for me, doing what she was bred for, plenty speed stamina and a strong jaw. 

She's Wheaton bull grey x deer grey 27tts. 

A few have asked if I'll be breeding her in the future. if she continues the way she is then yes I'd certainly take a litter from her. 

It's always something you think about when your running a bitch that is ticking all the boxes and I'm not going to lie there would be 3 possible studs I have in mind. 

From what I have seen atm there seems to a very good crop of dogs about. Well at least around me there is. 

The last pic is of her dam and sire both very good animals. 

IMG_20200817_150438.jpg.2467f8847ede386af43c76d861a6081a.jpgIMG_20200707_174927_723.jpg.5346d8e5989ea44275cb3665f8470a2e.jpgScreenshot_20200112_220954_com.android.chrome.jpg.1181b332871df098dc16940bc2fbfc00.jpg

2nd one down feet look abit mashed 

Finding homes is the hardest thing, I’ve seen pups out of serious good dogs gifted to what lads thought were top homes and 6 months down the line a picture surfaces of the dog looking as if it’s been sleeping on the streets. Feet like a duck & dull coat etc. If my young bitch makes a good one when I breed her pups will only go to close mates I run with and I’d cull any surplus, not everyone agrees with that way but my dogs are my life and I’d lose sleep if I thought a pup I bred wasn’t getting the best of everything 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I often toy with the idea of breeding my bitch although highly unlikely I ever will, but all I want to add is pace really, so something like you've mentioned but racy or heavily grey saturated, I don't know enough about it to say really but fast....

My bitch and the dogs mentioned are all fast type dogs, by me and the places I go slow dogs wouldn't catch much and I like to give massive slips aswell so a dog has got to be able to make up ground. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Finding homes is the hardest thing, I’ve seen pups out of serious good dogs gifted to what lads thought were top homes and 6 months down the line a picture surfaces of the dog looking as if it’s been sleeping on the streets. Feet like a duck & dull coat etc. If my young bitch makes a good one when I breed her pups will only go to close mates I run with and I’d cull any surplus, not everyone agrees with that way but my dogs are my life and I’d lose sleep if I thought a pup I bred wasn’t getting the best of everything 

Yes I know exactly what you mean, seen it happen to many times. 

But also seen the other side of the coin aswell.

One of my pals gave a young local kid a pup out of his beddy bull whip grey. 

Few lads said don't give him it as he was a little tare away. That pup ended up beat out the litter and deffo seen the most graft. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

What is it you want a lurcher doing mate 

2nd one down feet look abit mashed 

Just the picture mate, white feet often go red when a dog been running on cold wet ground. 

To track and retrieve shot game 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

A question that's always on my mins how old would the pups be when you culled them mate

Not being funny just genuinely interested

9 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

A question that's always on my mins how old would the pups be when you culled them mate

Not being funny just genuinely interested

At birth for me mate, yes you could be culling the best pup but you’d never know would you. Much better than having to cull them at 6-8 weeks that wouldn’t be a nice experience. Say just for example I had a litter of 10, 5 of each, and I had homes for 4 bitches & 2 dogs, then I’d just leave that many on the bitch, the 6 remaining pups would get more feeding off the bitch & I wouldn’t have the worry of finding homes for the other 4, then the continuing worry of whether they were being mistreated or not.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 5
10 hours ago, jcm said:

Seems to be a good mix. 

They looked a lot like yours as well. Youd never have thought theyd have made a brilliant litter to go by the parents. Bitch was a very runty bull hound more like a whippet and youd turn a jumbo jet easier than the dog.(both loved teeth though).it was like they just brought exactly the right parts of each parent.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

They looked a lot like yours as well. Youd never have thought theyd have made a brilliant litter to go by the parents. Bitch was a very runty bull hound more like a whippet and youd turn a jumbo jet easier than the dog.(both loved teeth though).it was like they just brought exactly the right parts of each parent.

Sounds like they gelled well. Sometimes things just work. 

• Like 1
On 27/11/2020 at 15:48, Shadow100 said:

At birth for me mate, yes you could be culling the best pup but you’d never know would you. Much better than having to cull them at 6-8 weeks that wouldn’t be a nice experience. Say just for example I had a litter of 10, 5 of each, and I had homes for 4 bitches & 2 dogs, then I’d just leave that many on the bitch, the 6 remaining pups would get more feeding off the bitch & I wouldn’t have the worry of finding homes for the other 4, then the continuing worry of whether they were being mistreated or not.

Is this theoretical or are you talking from experience?

• Haha 2