Nothing about

8 hours ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Many farmers like that now I had an old boy ring me last year asking for as many ferreting lads I know to sort his paddock out there was a few about but not massive numbers 4 of us went up and had about 25 between us we showed him and about a month later he said he’s seen loads more about and said don’t bother I’ll get someone to shoot them never heard from him again weird breed them farmers only a horse paddock and very little damage was done by the rabbits really arable land I understand but not a grazing paddock there’s  a lot more to answer for low numbers than rhvd and mixy I’ve seen them fill warrens with tankers full of slurry and dig them up with 360s but on the other hand I’ve had some perm for years and he’s happy for me to leave few every year for next years sport as long as he doesn’t get overrun wich is fair enough 

Place I go on was riddled year after year with rabbits like death valley now was thinking mixy then other day found some empty cartridges so probably a bit of both shame really 

was down darlington way to collect a pup in august stopped at scotch corner on the way home in a lay by  for a break got out and had a look around  and the place was lifting with rabbits spoke to a lad last week who hunts same area and he says they are not a lot there even up here got a spot near me in summer time it was moving with them now only a handful do any of you think rvhd could be up here as there are no signs of mixy 

only rabbit I saw all morning ended up in this old dump. all rough going around here and never any numbers. Still enjoying myself, when little dog catches or we ferret one or two it makes it worthwhile. majority of the time little dog is still in the brambles or hedgerows when rabbit breaks cover, but when she catches they are hard fought for ?

Screenshot_20201205_122721_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201205_122654_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201205_203603_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by fred90
  • Like 3
On 04/12/2020 at 08:55, Sirblessed said:

No shortage around my area, more than I can handle thats for sure. Move to Australia! where the rabbits are faster but so are the dogs ?

I’d love to go out there properly went out for a short while for a job a few year ago but it didn’t work out lovely place didn’t venture out of town though would love a good couple of month driving round 

1 hour ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’d love to go out there properly went out for a short while for a job a few year ago but it didn’t work out lovely place didn’t venture out of town though would love a good couple of month driving round 

Yea I love it here, you can spend years travelling here and never get to see it all, it's massive. I went back home for a few month ( Scotland ) seen a bit of it, to bloody cold ha ha