Dont mess with Schoolboys

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I think Chance will take him now tbh, John has been out of the game now and the fat chink looking fcuker has been looking very good in practice, sure he was doing very well against Toddzilla.

Have you heard about Michael Todd, he caught Covid and now has pneumonia, not meant to be in a good way ATM, hope he pulls through.

I just dont think he has the hand to trouble John or the options to go anywhere John doesnt let him go he struggles in the rising wrist position and thats not an area you want to be weak in against probably the best hand and wrist in the history of the sport....Todd Hutchings is all about side pressure and Shaws biggest wins have come against Jordan Sill and Mike Ayello who both have great side pressure....Brzenks only weakness if you can call it that is he often gets bossed in the set up.....if he is aggressive setting up and gets his position early he,ll open up Shaws hand and top roll through i wouldnt be surprised to see him win 3 nil....but obviously depends on what sort of shape he,s in no he hasnt been active but you dont win the Utah State tournament if you're not in shape and 6 weeks preperation for Brzenk at this stage oh his career is plenty......or maybe my hero like worship of him is clouding my judgement ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know someone who has more knowledge on a subject than you then ask all the questions you want.thats what I've always done.and 99% of decent people will give an honest answer..

I did for a number of years mate but eventually the level i competed at was dictated by a recurring injury,if i could of got into it at a much earlier age i think id of done well.....these days i coac

Yes mate....an elbow injury that even after numerous surgeries i just cant get past stops me competing at any kind of level but i have a number of lads i train and get a lot of enjoyment from that so

10 minutes ago, big sid said:

have we any lads that can compete at the top level gnash as i presume were playing catch up plus as you coach is their many guys that you can see comming through.

" Success " in arm wrestling on a world level is probably gauged by whether you pull in the World Armwrestling League ( which is American ).....and off the top of my head i can only think of Tom Holland in the lightweight division who is from Slough thats currently pulling at that level....but of course the Uk had Neil Pickup who competed at world level,Ted Wilson and of course my old pal Rod Lenette RIP who introduced me to the sport years ago.....its just a really big jump to go from Uk club level to world level and obviously sponsorship/finances for these lads becomes an issue.

2 hours ago, big sid said:

thanks gnasher the more i read your posts about it the more i see the technical side of it its far from brute strength, just had a thought, as it goes by weight does having a certain type of build help or a slightly longer fore arm .

Its very very technical Sid its no good turning up with brute strength and aggression alone its one of the things i really love about the sport its direct physical and mental confrontation one on one but it can be a great leveller in terms of respecting an opponents thought processes as well as their physical tools.....long levers will always give you more options when it comes to outside arm wrestling,top roll etc compared to a short thick arm thats likely to be limited to a hook.

Its always easy to over complicate things with folk who just have a passing interest in the sport so a great documentary i always point people to on the very basics of the sport is called " Pulling John " i think its on YouTube....have a look mate you might enjoy it :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
On 27/07/2021 at 15:07, gnasher16 said:

No you dont normally train legs mate.....it go's by weight divisions so like a boxer you want to be competing at your strongest but lightest weight so a huge pair of thighs serves no purpose whatsoever....if you look at the frames of a lot of the worlds best pullers they will have big upper body development and relative light in the legs good examples would be guys like Matt Mask or Rob Vigeant Jnr......you want a strong core yes but legs dont really play much of a part.

No we're way behind....countries like Canada and North America its a big deal....also many of the Scandinavian and East European countries but no its not big in Uk.......yet !

so they are built like loads of the guys you will find in the gym then.

On 27/07/2021 at 15:11, Greb147 said:

I think Chance will take him now tbh, John has been out of the game now and the fat chink looking fcuker has been looking very good in practice, sure he was doing very well against Toddzilla.

Have you heard about Michael Todd, he caught Covid and now has pneumonia, not meant to be in a good way ATM, hope he pulls through.

Well it went exactly as i thought Brzenk won 3-1 but even the leg he lost shouldnt have been a loss Brzenk won it clearly but they called an elbow foul,you could watch it back 100 times from different angles you wont find a foul.....John dominated the middle of the table,worked for perfect shoulder position and as i suspected his hand and wrist were just too much for Shaw....great win and brilliant achievement for Brzenk that hopefully wont stop there i think he,ll do well in the upcoming Top 8 tournament.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Well it went exactly as i thought Brzenk won 3-1 but even the leg he lost shouldnt have been a loss Brzenk won it clearly but they called an elbow foul,you could watch it back 100 times from different angles you wont find a foul.....John dominated the middle of the table,worked for perfect shoulder position and as i suspected his hand and wrist were just too much for Shaw....great win and brilliant achievement for Brzenk that hopefully wont stop there i think he,ll do well in the upcoming Top 8 tournament.

Seen it this morning, he's got a grip like a Bulldog.

If he prepares right he'll surprise many.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Seen it this morning, he's got a grip like a Bulldog.

If he prepares right he'll surprise many.

The round he lost he actually got a bit cocky and went in for a hook but Shaw beat him to it.....it sounds nuts to say it but i actually fancy John to beat Levan i think he can take him away from his bicep and go bone on bone in a battle of wrists.....Laletin though im not sure i think his pure leverage will pose Brzenk massive problems......but as he has proved once again you just dont bet against John Brzenk at any age.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Again i know very few will be even remotely interested but for anyone that is.....huge match up Sept 5th Levan Sagnashvili v Dave Chaffee....6 round Supermatch.......Chaffee is possibly the only man alive with the side pressure to really trouble Levan.......that said i think Levan will tear through his hand and wrist quickly and quietly to a 6 - 0 win !....biggest East v West match in a long time.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Again i know very few will be even remotely interested but for anyone that is.....huge match up Sept 5th Levan Sagnashvili v Dave Chaffee....6 round Supermatch.......Chaffee is possibly the only man alive with the side pressure to really trouble Levan.......that said i think Levan will tear through his hand and wrist quickly and quietly to a 6 - 0 win !....biggest East v West match in a long time.

I'll be very surprised if Dave wins a round, especially when he says he's been been a living father of late. 

These Europeans live for strength & power training, it's more like a brotherhood to them. 

To stand a chance Dave would have to come in to the competition in a condition he's never been in IMO, from what I've seen he's looking rather lean. 

It will be a massive shock if he were to pull it off. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I'll be very surprised if Dave wins a round, especially when he says he's been been a living father of late. 

These Europeans live for strength & power training, it's more like a brotherhood to them. 

To stand a chance Dave would have to come in to the competition in a condition he's never been in IMO, from what I've seen he's looking rather lean. 

It will be a massive shock if he were to pull it off. 

Its like boxing mate styles make fights and the best fighter doesnt always win the areas Chaffee is strongest in are the areas Levan is weakest in and thats what makes it interesting......whether he has the hand/wrist  to access that area though i have my doubts......i think even taking 1 round off Levan at the moment would be seen as a real accomplishment.

• Like 1
On 04/09/2021 at 18:42, gnasher16 said:

Its like boxing mate styles make fights and the best fighter doesnt always win the areas Chaffee is strongest in are the areas Levan is weakest in and thats what makes it interesting......whether he has the hand/wrist  to access that area though i have my doubts......i think even taking 1 round off Levan at the moment would be seen as a real accomplishment.

Well, it was a demolition by the sounds of things. 6-0, not even close to breaking his wrist. 

13 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Well, it was a demolition by the sounds of things. 6-0, not even close to breaking his wrist. 

Total domination mate they looked like they was from different weight classes....Levans hand,fingers and basic arm wrestling fundamentals were just so strong Chaffee couldnt even slip out to get into straps he's about as dominant at heavyweight as anyones ever been since ive followed the sport,its hard to see anyone giving him a match at the moment.

25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Total domination mate they looked like they was from different weight classes....Levans hand,fingers and basic arm wrestling fundamentals were just so strong Chaffee couldnt even slip out to get into straps he's about as dominant at heavyweight as anyones ever been since ive followed the sport,its hard to see anyone giving him a match at the moment.

Just in a different league isn't he, I don't think Larratt stands a chance either, nobody in the world does as well for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Just in a different league isn't he, I don't think Larratt stands a chance either, nobody in the world does as well for that matter. 

Now thats where id disagree....Larratt is a far superior arm wrestler,has loads more to his arsenal and can adapt to any style......but can he get himself big enough to compete......look at the weight he piled on for Michael Todd and that wasnt even close.....with maybe a full year to prepare i think Devon Larratt is possibly the only one out there with the sheer technical ability to beat him.

• Like 1