Which Break Barrel?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hw95k or hw80k , would be my choice 

Same as that depending on your physicality, eighty if your big and strong 95 if a bit more compact , but if your going for a vortex tune even an smk will be usable at sub 12 ?

well if anything is going to break it will be anything i own.no good luck ever.anyway the spring broke or was partially broke when i bought the gun from brand new.everything seemed good to start then

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, si brown said:

There a mint break barrel, knew you’d like it if you like the 97.. the weight saving makes for a nice change!

my mates got one and he’s well happy with it as standard 

I’d say the 97 with the Vortek tune as no twang (95 as very slight twang) and the 97 cocks smoother, accuracy wise I reckon about the same, but 97 is.22, 95 is .177. I was impressed how it bowled the squizzers over with the .177 AA Fields!

What I have noticed is that every now and again it diesels the 95, maybe it’s where it is new! but bloody hell the pellet left like a rocket and smoked!

I left all my PCPs at home today and took the 97 & 95 out, I think I will invest in some studs & sling for both rifles, more so the 97, it gets quite heavy after a while.

9 hours ago, Gaoler said:

I’d say the 97 with the Vortek tune as no twang (95 as very slight twang) and the 97 cocks smoother, accuracy wise I reckon about the same, but 97 is.22, 95 is .177. I was impressed how it bowled the squizzers over with the .177 AA Fields!

What I have noticed is that every now and again it diesels the 95, maybe it’s where it is new! but bloody hell the pellet left like a rocket and smoked!

I left all my PCPs at home today and took the 97 & 95 out, I think I will invest in some studs & sling for both rifles, more so the 97, it gets quite heavy after a while.

It’s a 4.5mm bit you need for drilling the sling studs?
the twang is purely because the ends of the springs need re profiling they get distorted cos they cut them with a grinder, easy fix if you’ve got a dremil and the diesiling should calm down the more you put through it