Heavy haulage

Have sent a few emails but while I,m waiting for reply’s will see what the thl massive can come up with, I,ve seen a boat I like but it’s way up country and at this time of year and it’s size the only way of getting it were I want it is on a lorry, so was wondering if anyone is involved in the haulage business could give me a rough idea of getting a 50 x 11ft boat weighing around 25 ton from Nottingham to Gloucester or if anyone has used a company that moves big stuff they could recommend I call ??

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a set down to my knees but when I looked at the map and saw my choice was around Scotland or lands end they promptly disappeared inside ?

Thank you for all the advice,just come home from my warehouse and popped into the new kings yard that’s just opened next door, showed them the boat gave the dimensions and weight and was given a price

Or grow a set and sail it home... the north sea is nice this time of year..lol

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have sent a few emails but while I,m waiting for reply’s will see what the thl massive can come up with, I,ve seen a boat I like but it’s way up country and at this time of year and it’s size the only way of getting it were I want it is on a lorry, so was wondering if anyone is involved in the haulage business could give me a rough idea of getting a 50 x 11ft boat weighing around 25 ton from Nottingham to Gloucester or if anyone has used a company that moves big stuff they could recommend I call ??

Kings would be one to call or a boat yard would recommend someone I’m sure.

Worth talking to the right people as I would think that’s an oversize load and there would be all sorts of rules that laymen like me wouldn’t know about mate.

If you need to move a 500 person office from lands end to John O Groats I can tell you, boats I’m not so up on ! Lol 

• Like 2
Just now, WILF said:

Worth talking to the right people as I would think that’s an oversize load and there would be all sorts of rules that laymen like me wouldn’t know about mate.

If you need to move a 500 person office from lands end to John O Groats I can tell you, boats I’m not so up on ! Lol 

Funny enough kings have just opened a brand new yard next door to my warehouse, will pop in and ask them, it’s also the lifting on and off costs that add up, crane at each end, the last one I bought in Wales was 34ft long fibreglass and I picked it up with the hi ab on a 26ft long scrap truck had 10ft hanging over the end, Quite glad not to have seen plod on that journey would have probably made the news it looked mental ??

• Haha 1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.kingshaulage.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwj8p8ybkIzsAhU7UhUIHVkWALQQFjALegQIChAD&usg=AOvVaw3QT1zeUkoUfG45QbRWkS3_

Used these a few times mate, very good...

Moved those big auto scanning booths we were involved with a few years back...difficult size abs weight to transport and they done a great job...plus a Bristol company..

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

Beat me to it...they are good

13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Funny enough kings have just opened a brand new yard next door to my warehouse, will pop in and ask them, it’s also the lifting on and off costs that add up, crane at each end, the last one I bought in Wales was 34ft long fibreglass and I picked it up with the hi ab on a 26ft long scrap truck had 10ft hanging over the end, Quite glad not to have seen plod on that journey would have probably made the news it looked mental ??

Perfect...

Hello Greyman I’ve got HGV 2 admittedly I  haven’t used it for a while but I used to move 60 foot rails and my largest was a 67 foot metal rail crossing,  30foot on the bed and the rest Out the back and over the cab but you have to have triangles flashing lights and you have to inform the police and authorities of your route.

Its definitely best left to the experts companies who move rail carriages and other such kit are a good shout doubt it will be cheap though. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Hello Greyman I’ve got HGV 2 admittedly I  haven’t used it for a while but I used to move 60 foot rails and my largest was a 67 foot metal rail crossing,  30foot on the bed and the rest Out the back and over the cab but you have to have triangles flashing lights and you have to inform the police and authorities of your route.

Its definitely best left to the experts companies who move rail carriages and other such kit are a good shout doubt it will be cheap though. 

The cost is the thing as there is a bit of a difference in boat prices between north and south as per usual and I recon I can get the same up country for10/20k less than down south so if the transport is favourable I could make a little on my investment as well ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Or grow a set and sail it home... the north sea is nice this time of year..lol

I got a set down to my knees but when I looked at the map and saw my choice was around Scotland or lands end they promptly disappeared inside ?

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Not quite 10ft but that was a load I toke ha 

Screenshot_20200928-170039_Gallery.jpg