Some nice craftsmanship

Not the same as weapons but we are friends with a local couple and she is brilliant at loads of traditional skills.

She weaves the most amazing baskets and has just made me a sheep skin rug out of some black and white fleece from one of my sheep.....all done as it would have been done all those years ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-devon-43546956

This is them, lovely couple and another of the type NOT wanted in England.....she is part of our growing community of refugees ! Lol 

20/25 yrs ago there were loads of new age traveller types living in tents and home made huts in the forestry blocks around my town.... Never caused any trouble and some were real interesting characters to chat too?society as a whole has stopped these sorts from living as they choose... Everyone must conform these days... Your a nobody if you haven't got the latest iPhone and tech... Earn ex amount.... Sad state of affairs if you ask me....lots of old skills are getting lost in the rush of modern day life?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

20/25 yrs ago there were loads of new age traveller types living in tents and home made huts in the forestry blocks around my town.... Never caused any trouble and some were real interesting characters to chat too?society as a whole has stopped these sorts from living as they choose... Everyone must conform these days... Your a nobody if you haven't got the latest iPhone and tech... Earn ex amount.... Sad state of affairs if you ask me....lots of old skills are getting lost in the rush of modern day life?

They owned the place they lived mate and it was picture postcard, as you know it’s a wonderful spot there in Devon.

That picture don’t do the house justice, it was amazing.

Had to sell the land and that’s when they came here.....they have a tidy little business selling home grown veg, jam, chutney and eggs.

Also selling baskets and doing courses in how to do it.

I supply them with a few eggs when they don’t have enough and swap for a box of veg, jam, goats milk fudge etc 

Exactly how life should be mate ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Brilliant ! Could watch those traditional craftsmen all day ,only a young fella too .

Years ago they used to have a big country fair at cricket st Thomas near chard and I did sit and watch the bloke making longbows all day wonderful some of these old skills ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

I will be getting away over to Ireland when I finally get married.... And looking at getting somewhere we can call a home and start living, instead of just existing like it feels like over here pal?

Well anything you want to know, just ask and if I know I’ll tell you mate.

Having been through the process already it may come in handy for you

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I will be getting away over to Ireland when I finally get married.... And looking at getting somewhere we can call a home and start living, instead of just existing like it feels like over here pal?

That was my plan but the Mrs doesn't want to leave her elderly mum or grandkids now she was all for it but with her dad dying she changed her mind I would sell up and go today as my youngest lad is autistic I think a few animals about and chickens ect and that pace of life  would do him the world of good I will take her over for a break so she can see for her self 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Brilliant ! Could watch those traditional craftsmen all day ,only a young fella too .

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Not the same as weapons but we are friends with a local couple and she is brilliant at loads of traditional skills.

She weaves the most amazing baskets and has just made me a sheep skin rug out of some black and white fleece from one of my sheep.....all done as it would have been done all those years ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-devon-43546956

This is them, lovely couple and another of the type NOT wanted in England.....she is part of our growing community of refugees ! Lol 

Did you ever see the  weaved lobster pots, some work went into them. Pure art.

Atb j 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Good luck with that, and the on coming wedding.

Atb j 

• Like 1