BLACK RABBITS

micky

15 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

I assume the walls themselves are where the rabbits are living and they are unferretable? I don’t have any walls in my neck of the woods so they are all new to me! 

If you have a good Barrow you can have these Fuckels

• Haha 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd shoot them all before they grow up and start rioting looting and mugging everybody.

what a splindid way to nab a few rabbits that is...just a knitting needle inside ya coat....and any old mongrel to mark the walls....obviously not a gun trained spaniel  first victim  for the kni

Another nice thing about this spot

Posted Images

I would longnet that as 45 yds is wide enough, just go late and on a dark night. Move slow you should  be ok.

First I'd put a gate net on it and walk with the moon up. If you catch it's a bonus if not you get to see where they run. 

I  have dry stone walls were I go and rabbits also go over the wall and not always in it. 

• Like 1

cant you catch them in the walls in the day micky....or is it to exposed ??

i love taking them out the walls ...my little lurcher bitch is mustard at marking them in the walls...you got a spaniel i think ...will it not mark them...few purse nets after shes marked and try and get it out....small pry bar often helps...

years ago woodga was telling me this meathod ...he had a  thin sharp bar ...like a knitting needle that he would line up through the gaps in the wall then skewer the rabbit through the head then move a few rocks and remove the bunny...sound feasable i have never tried it so cant comment ...

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I would longnet that as 45 yds is wide enough, just go late and on a dark night. Move slow you should  be ok.

First I'd put a gate net on it and walk with the moon up. If you catch it's a bonus if not you get to see where they run. 

I  have dry stone walls were I go and rabbits also go over the wall and not always in it. 

I think you would need a near perfect night wind wise and darkness wise with it being such a narrow drop. your right about walls sometimes they are going over them onto somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

i love taking them out the walls ...my little lurcher bitch is mustard at marking them in the walls...you got a spaniel i think ...will it not mark them...few purse nets after shes marked and try and get it out....small pry bar often helps...

years ago woodga was telling me this meathod ...he had a  thin sharp bar ...like a knitting needle that he would line up through the gaps in the wall then skewer the rabbit through the head then move a few rocks and remove the bunny...sound feasable i have never tried it so cant comment ...

My dog  will not  mark ! it will find  anything  anywhere  but she was trained as a Gun dog ,  i don't  think  i could take to many  stones from these walls  before i was f****d off  Gentleman farmers being what they are .

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

I think you would need a near perfect night wind wise and darkness wise with it being such a narrow drop. your right about walls sometimes they are going over them onto somewhere else. 

there is a main road either side  and it is always lit up 

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

I think you would need a near perfect night wind wise and darkness wise with it being such a narrow drop. 

I have a 50 yd drop that I do regular, have also done narrower but you need to know were the rabbits run to if your going to net or your wasting  your time

• Like 1
1 hour ago, micky said:

My dog  will not  mark ! it will find  anything  anywhere  but she was trained as a Gun dog ,  i don't  think  i could take to many  stones from these walls  before i was f****d off  Gentleman farmers being what they are .

wont mark.....:icon_eek:....that aint much use is it

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got couple markers here if you ever need one micky ?

Cheers  Don  but  they will not allow the walls to be Touched they have their door knocked every day by people wanting to go  Rabbiting they let a chap on and he has made a mess there . I shall have them in time and they start leaving footprints

Picture 020.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

Here is the knitting needle you mentioned ?

20200905_172757.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER
  • Like 2

what a splindid way to nab a few rabbits that is...just a knitting needle inside ya coat....and any old mongrel to mark the walls....obviously not a gun trained spaniel :laugh:

first victim  for the knittle needle micky ....should be the spaniel :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5