Jump to content

my hunting season 2020/21


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

you only have to wear it when hunting deer moose n elk

you dont have to wear it for geese,ducks or wild boar ( dont ask lol)

get caught,get fined and lose your hunting privileges for a year

 

ask me anything mate

That sounds really strange 😂

I see you said about opening day several times; are there alot of different types of season then? 

I see you said about opening bow, bull and cow; why is rifle and bow different? I can remember watching meat eater and there being a bow, muzzle load, iron sight and rifle, do you have the same? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates son dropped this elk on opening day of archery season,15 yard shot. piebald whitetail doe was spotted just up the road from me

Right then 3 buddies needed me as a caller and guide of the area. 3 of them had bull tags and one mate has been waiting 14yrs to get drawn. first day went Pete tong. second day we

Didn’t miss this fckr   so I missed one at 2pm, tried a neck shot at 200yds and missed. Pretty gutted, the herd ran into the bush. 3 bulls 12 cows 1 calf. so I bedded back down in my fi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

That sounds really strange 😂

I see you said about opening day several times; are there alot of different types of season then? 

I see you said about opening bow, bull and cow; why is rifle and bow different? I can remember watching meat eater and there being a bow, muzzle load, iron sight and rifle, do you have the same? 

 

Yes

we have the same types of season for game animals.

bow hunters get first shout on all game animals.we have bow, mussleloader, did have shotgun but they did away with that and then rifle. Shotgun is incorporated with rifle now.

hunting over here is all about the horns and the hunting seasons are based around each  animals rut season. So it should be easier to call in your big bull elk moose or buck deer. I don’t agree with this as the meat isn’t very good. 


so first season is bull elk then bull moose then cow elk n cow moose.these can be two weeks for bulls then a month for cows.

the province is split up into hunting zones.

most are draw zones, so you have to enter the draw to get a tag. This isn’t simple, as there is super A, then A then B,C and D. It’s supposed to be only super A gets drawn but I know of some from C pool getting tags(don’t ask)

then there is open zones were you buy a tag and go hunt(Everyman and his dog goes there) now the seasons are fckn different there. I know one zone bull moose is 3 fckn days and elk season is two weeks.

it’s as confusing as fck.

 

roads are the boundaries between the zones, so one side could be a 2 week zone the other side could be 6 weeks ( don’t ask lol)

 

if you get drawn for an animal you can’t go buy a tag for the same species in the open zone.

 

it’s still fun and exciting but hunting is limited and I prefer it back home with no bag limits. Again here is trophy hunting not about control. Bear in mind our winters are brutal. The deer took a right kicking 5 years ago and now the numbers are just recovering. Elk are an agricultural pest and need culling big time. They devastate crops massively.

 

add to this the natives can hunt 24/7/365 and no bag limits really. This is a very contentious issue. Parts of the province the moose have been hit hard. This time last year natives from Manitoba came here and shot 27 moose in 3 days. They shot cows in calves and left the foetus in the ditch. They are also allowed to hunt off quads and snowmobiles, we are not allowed to use them

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Yes

we have the same types of season for game animals.

bow hunters get first shout on all game animals.we have bow, mussleloader, did have shotgun but they did away with that and then rifle. Shotgun is incorporated with rifle now.

hunting over here is all about the horns and the hunting seasons are based around each  animals rut season. So it should be easier to call in your big bull elk moose or buck deer. I don’t agree with this as the meat isn’t very good. 


so first season is bull elk then bull moose then cow elk n cow moose.these can be two weeks for bulls then a month for cows.

the province is split up into hunting zones.

most are draw zones, so you have to enter the draw to get a tag. This isn’t simple, as there is super A, then A then B,C and D. It’s supposed to be only super A gets drawn but I know of some from C pool getting tags(don’t ask)

then there is open zones were you buy a tag and go hunt(Everyman and his dog goes there) now the seasons are fckn different there. I know one zone bull moose is 3 fckn days and elk season is two weeks.

it’s as confusing as fck.

 

roads are the boundaries between the zones, so one side could be a 2 week zone the other side could be 6 weeks ( don’t ask lol)

 

if you get drawn for an animal you can’t go buy a tag for the same species in the open zone.

 

it’s still fun and exciting but hunting is limited and I prefer it back home with no bag limits. Again here is trophy hunting not about control. Bear in mind our winters are brutal. The deer took a right kicking 5 years ago and now the numbers are just recovering. Elk are an agricultural pest and need culling big time. They devastate crops massively.

 

add to this the natives can hunt 24/7/365 and no bag limits really. This is a very contentious issue. Parts of the province the moose have been hit hard. This time last year natives from Manitoba came here and shot 27 moose in 3 days. They shot cows in calves and left the foetus in the ditch. They are also allowed to hunt off quads and snowmobiles, we are not allowed to use them

I had a look into this abit more after you said this and it confused me even more. If you buy a certain tag you get 1 free wolf and yote. Then it said about indigenous hunting polar bear and like you said free reign with no season. f**k me it looks complicated. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I had a look into this abit more after you said this and it confused me even more. If you buy a certain tag you get 1 free wolf and yote. Then it said about indigenous hunting polar bear and like you said free reign with no season. f**k me it looks complicated. 

very complicated and could be made easy

screw up n your in deep do do

 

the firearms laws are just as bad,i am not going there

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

very complicated and could be made easy

screw up n your in deep do do

 

the firearms laws are just as bad,i am not going there

No I had a look at them aswell and f**k trying to get a gun for the weekend 😂

 

I also saw that labrador and newfoundland you have to be guided, seems strange aswell

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

No I had a look at them aswell and f**k trying to get a gun for the weekend 😂

 

I also saw that labrador and newfoundland you have to be guided, seems strange aswell

as a non resident you need to go out hunting with  a guide.

i cannot hunt in any other province unless i use a guide.

eg deer tag for me is 40 dollars,non resident i think is 250 dollars plus the outfitters charge

 

firearms are bought and sent thru the regular post lol.we dont have a firearms register,so non restricted bought n sold

without the cops knowledge.

we have  3 classes of firearms

non restricted

restricted (pistols and rifles which barrel i shorter than 18.6 inches)

prohibited ( these are firearms that cannot be used just safe queens)

no one now can get a prohibited license,so its one way of confiscation)

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

as a non resident you need to go out hunting with  a guide.

i cannot hunt in any other province unless i use a guide.

eg deer tag for me is 40 dollars,non resident i think is 250 dollars plus the outfitters charge

 

firearms are bought and sent thru the regular post lol.we dont have a firearms register,so non restricted bought n sold

without the cops knowledge.

we have  3 classes of firearms

non restricted

restricted (pistols and rifles which barrel i shorter than 18.6 inches)

prohibited ( these are firearms that cannot be used just safe queens)

no one now can get a prohibited license,so its one way of confiscation)

So you can just send a. 223 through the post to your mate? 

What happens if you shoot a deer and a better 1 comes up? Can you reuse the tag? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

So you can just send a. 223 through the post to your mate? 

What happens if you shoot a deer and a better 1 comes up? Can you reuse the tag? 

I can post any firearm thru the post, no matter what the calibre is.

 

cant re use a tag, shoot a deer and you have to tag it straight away.

you can’t shoot two deer at this present time. When I came here there was the option of two deer tags but we’ve had bad winters so the numbers are still down

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I can post any firearm thru the post, no matter what the calibre is.

 

cant re use a tag, shoot a deer and you have to tag it straight away.

you can’t shoot two deer at this present time. When I came here there was the option of two deer tags but we’ve had bad winters so the numbers are still down

Thanks for explaining all this Ted 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...