Kick like a Blackpool donkey........

I have never owned a Beretta semi auto so perhaps I will take one out to try.  It isnt going to be well used, occasionly on clays for my daughter and on the pigeon / corvids in the hide so not wanting to spend much on a gun that is not going to get a lot of use.  My old cammo Hatsan is sat in the shop so I may just buy it again, at least I know it shoots well or used to anyway.

I am after another sub 12 pcp air rifle as well so must balance the books  ?

Phil

• Like 1
On 09/08/2020 at 18:33, philpot said:

Well I stripped down the gun taking out the trigger unit as well and it was all very very clean in fact it looked like it had just come from the factory.

I tried 30gr Gamebore Clear Pigeon with some 32gr I tried yesterday but this time I tested three different butt pads including the Isis x pad, Beretta and Browning recoil pads and the outcome..................................fcuk it, it kicks like hell, it can go back to the shop, great pity but I have had enough.  Bugger it, I will see what else there is.

Phil

I remember a side by side that kicked like two mules at once phil

eh.

iv Never been hit that hard before ever lol

set the first trigger off and both barrels went at the same time

and i did it three times lol

thought id smashed my cheek bone

in fact it still hurts now when i think about that gun ?????

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You can laugh about now Jimmy and thats the thing. ?

First time i got "Kicked by a mule "was a smle in .303 ,with the lovely brass butt plate .By eck that stung  ,gingerly holding it aged 13 it kicked the carp out of my much thinner bones ?

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I remember a side by side that kicked like two mules at once phil

eh.

iv Never been hit that hard before ever lol

set the first trigger off and both barrels went at the same time

and i did it three times lol

thought id smashed my cheek bone

in fact it still hurts now when i think about that gun ?????

Oh my lord, yes I remember that that day, I released the clay from the trap and watched s Jimmy reeled backwards.  It was a s/s that a pal gave to me and I passed on to Si Brown so that Jimmy would have a gun to use.  I didn't however know there was a fault with the trigger, no problem when the back trigger was pulled first then the front but the front first set off both barrels.  I had a shot with it ......................... oh yes it went with a whalop all right.

Phil

• Sad 1
On 11/08/2020 at 21:55, Baldcoot said:

Dont discount the Barretta a300 range or a Remmington 1100 if you can find 1 as well. 

Enjoy, gunshops are dangerous for me as i buy things coz i neeed themb??

Agree with you , I can speak from experience as I’ve had a Beretta A303 and a remy 1100 , both second hand , both cycled everything . If I had to choose one I’d have the Beretta. Not speaking from experience, but anecdotally. The new Brownings and Winchester semi autos take some beating . 
           I don’t have an auto at the moment but you have got me thinking. I only have my Miroku which I use on game and clays . I should get one for fox bolting and fox drives . And the odd bit of wildfowling . 
         Got to say I’m not a fan of semi autos on the clay ground as they spit the cases and have to then be hunted down and put in the bin . But I can see their need for someone who suffers from recoil . The Beretta I had was very smooth and I perceived very little recoil with that gun , plus you can pick one up off guntrader for not a lot now .

• Like 2

Got an Sx3 in synthetic and its a beast ,but stil reach for the hatsan as its fun .

The semi edge on a fox drive  3 shots so a vixen and cubs can be dealt with. 

Also following the combine when bunnies bolt that extra shot is a boon atb

• Like 1

I am not a lover of autos either except for hide use where they really excel and another reason why I do not want to spend much money on one.  I am toying with a Hatsan that has both a 24'' and 28'' barrels so the 24'' in the hide on pigeon / crows and the 28'' for the geese but not worked out the price yet so we wait and see. to be honest I would be happy with just the 24'' barrel, perfect for quick response for birds dropping in on the deeks.

Phil

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, philpot said:

I am not a lover of autos either except for hide use where they really excel and another reason why I do not want to spend much money on one.  I am toying with a Hatsan that has both a 24'' and 28'' barrels so the 24'' in the hide on pigeon / crows and the 28'' for the geese but not worked out the price yet so we wait and see. to be honest I would be happy with just the 24'' barrel, perfect for quick response for birds dropping in on the deeks.

Phil

My Old Remington had 24 “ barrels and handled like a dream for quick snap shooting. 
         I went on a walked up woodcock day last year , with my 32” +external Teague chokes which make it really 33” MK38 . Although heavy I soon got used to having to pushing that big harder to swing on the birds that flushed near me . But I’m glad I had it for those distant crossers and long range birds . But some of the really close quick birds were impossible with that gun . But on balance I think I preferred to shoot the longer stuff and I just like to stick to one gun for everything now , even if it means a sore arm ...... there you go BenBhoy  , I’m sure you will come up with a funny for that last line ??.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I've a bsa super10 I'm looking to move on

Thanks Ben but not too keen on the old super 10, I like the shorter lighter rifles like the HW110k or FX Wildcat or something similar.

Phil

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

there you go BenBhoy  , I’m sure you will come up with a funny for that last line

I don't know what you take me for....!! Teachers in school always told me I can't be the class clown all my life!! 

• Haha 3
On 11/08/2020 at 09:10, philpot said:

Fcuking dick head, you are so far up your own arse it must sting.  It is  'Newtons third law of motion'  so try to quote the right thing next time.

Phil after meeting you and dealing with you and also one or two phone calls, I would have thought you had more about you than to argue with THAT obnoxious tit who knows feck all about anything except inserting ones head up ones own ass..................ppssst not one to tell you about shotguns, but may I be so bold as to suggest if your'e getting another semi auto..............Beretta beretta or a beretta  

• Haha 2
On 12/08/2020 at 15:07, philpot said:

Oh my lord, yes I remember that that day, I released the clay from the trap and watched s Jimmy reeled backwards.  It was a s/s that a pal gave to me and I passed on to Si Brown so that Jimmy would have a gun to use.  I didn't however know there was a fault with the trigger, no problem when the back trigger was pulled first then the front but the front first set off both barrels.  I had a shot with it ......................... oh yes it went with a whalop all right.

Phil

Good enough for the big geordie fecker lol

• Like 1