Shore fishing

I used to fish all the time but lost my job a fair few years back and ended up selling all my fishing gear to cover my van insurance ect anyway I've got myself a few bits together and went out for a few hours yesterday evening only spinning on light gear didn't catch a thing or even a bite but still enjoyed every second of it going to a local spot tonight night with my beach caster and can't wait!! Any of you somewhat fine gentlemen get out shore fishing? And what you catching at the moment

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

I used to fish all the time but lost my job a fair few years back and ended up selling all my fishing gear to cover my van insurance ect anyway I've got myself a few bits together and went out for a few hours yesterday evening only spinning on light gear didn't catch a thing or even a bite but still enjoyed every second of it going to a local spot tonight night with my beach caster and can't wait!! Any of you somewhat fine gentlemen get out shore fishing? And what you catching at the moment

Get on a few local facebook pages to yourself,visit the local tackle shops for whats being caught and as it goes the sea fishing mags do have tips to help folk on seasonal fish and how to catch them...

I myself mainly fish for bass with lures and most of it is done from a little boat i own with a pal...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

There's loads of clubs down here in plymouth mate; gilt and mullet coming out along with rays, bass and few other bits and bobs locally

33 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

There's loads of clubs down here in plymouth mate; gilt and mullet coming out along with rays, bass and few other bits and bobs locally

Never been into the club thing mate just go for fun and don't catch enough for clubs haha but I'm world class at catching that seaweed fish 

It's been hit n miss off Chesil atm got seals, dolphins and search vessels around sit as well stirring it up portland end, when it warms up and wind down I hope to do same bit light spinning, got a 3 lb test curve pike rod and a small fixed spool loaded with 15lb line ,  also got 2 beachcasters and fixed spools for mackeral bashing. 

3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

It's been hit n miss off Chesil atm got seals, dolphins and search vessels around sit as well stirring it up portland end, when it warms up and wind down I hope to do same bit light spinning, got a 3 lb test curve pike rod and a small fixed spool loaded with 15lb line ,  also got 2 beachcasters and fixed spools for mackeral bashing. 

Always wanted to fish chesil just never made the trip don't know why really I've heard really good things about it over all 

7 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Always wanted to fish chesil just never made the trip don't know why really I've heard really good things about it over all 

Personally I think it's been overhyped,  I travelled up to portland yesterday seen people heading over the shingle at Ferrybridge and I was thinkng what's the point it was blowing that hard they wouldn't be able to cast out so far but there you go. 

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Personally I think it's been overhyped,  I travelled up to portland yesterday seen people heading over the shingle at Ferrybridge and I was thinkng what's the point it was blowing that hard they wouldn't be able to cast out so far but there you go. 

Dont need to cast far at Ferrybridge, it's deep in close. 

I prefer the beaches around Chesil and if it has to be Chesil then Abbotsbury for me