Sea to barbie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick trip this morning for a few mackerel, weren't loads about but had 14 in a couple of hours, enough for on the bbq and a few for my parents... Another cracking day...this weather is unreal.. 

Yes. I sold the kayak before we moved. It would have been useful out here as there aren't the same regulations on navigation on lakes and rivers. I now have a small boat and electric motor. I sti

Brilliant! Those old Ugly Sticks make cracking kayak rods don't they? No worries about splinters if a big bass decides to head under the boat. ? I wish that I hadn't sold mine. It would have

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Quick trip this morning for a few mackerel, weren't loads about but had 14 in a couple of hours, enough for on the bbq and a few for my parents...

Another cracking day...this weather is unreal.. 

20200530_105646.jpg

20200530_105652.jpg

20200530_121036.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0004.jpg

20200530_155047.jpg

Looks good fun that,love the taste of mackerel,one of the tastiest fish in the sea?

• Like 1

Brilliant!

Those old Ugly Sticks make cracking kayak rods don't they? No worries about splinters if a big bass decides to head under the boat. ?

I wish that I hadn't sold mine. It would have got some use out here

McYak.jpg.53ec73918877f8499a2b84eebb6035ea.jpg

• Like 4

1st class  that,  well done mate,  i am just chilling out side now 5pm,  just right    hot but not sizzling  you lol  get couple cold  carling  out later .

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Odin said:

Looks good fun that,love the taste of mackerel,one of the tastiest fish in the sea?

Agreed mate, I love mackerel.

Made a thai dressing and thai salad...bit of bbq broccoli and lunch was a treat.. the mackerel were only out of the water 3 hours..its got to be fresh!!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Brilliant!

Those old Ugly Sticks make cracking kayak rods don't they? No worries about splinters if a big bass decides to head under the boat. ?

I dont think there is a better all round boat rod mate, they are 12lb and 15lb class rods.

For feathering, drifting, wrecking, anchored up..they do the lot.

I usually use live eels on a spinning rod where I was this morning, some half decent bass fishing...only wanted a few mackerel today..had 1 small gurnard as well, too small to take though

16 minutes ago, bird said:

1st class  that,  well done mate,  i am just chilling out side now 5pm,  just right    hot but not sizzling  you lol  get couple cold  carling  out later .

Cheers Ray... same here now mate, its boiling though...got a beer and full.belly so happy man..lol

Hope you're well mate

9 minutes ago, MH1 said:

How far off shore were you?

Around a mile or so mate, incoming tide so drifting towards shore the whole time, probably done a good 30 minutes paddle once out of the estuary that'll be a mile or so, then drift for 20 minutes and paddle out again...standard shit..lol

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Brilliant!

You're in France arent you mate?

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

:good: off up bridlington way next week for a day might pull a few hours  in somewhere that way ..weathers good for you getting out mate ... lakes are full round us so not even been out ,i`ve spent this afternoon shifting 2 ton of stone 100ft round the back on a 1960s wheel barrow :blink:

Bloody hell too hot for that Dave...

Have a good one next week mate..

• Like 1