Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

20 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I’ve steered away from coursing bred dogs mate, I think in this day and age you’ll do very well to find a durable one that can do a full season without significant lay offs. A lot of them run lovely on a big seed but they’re soft made no getting away from it. I believe that’s a man made problem as well but I won’t go in to it and ruin this thread. 

I wouldn’t have a lurcher without saluki blood in for what I do but it’s worth saying I think ‘home bred saluki lurchers’ and ‘coursing dogs’ are totally different things. This is only my opinion not saying it’s right for everyone. 

A good tested line of saluki/grey and a splash of tough old lurcher x lurcher blood is more my sort of thing

I battered mine pal the dog was far too fast and suffered injuries but came back from them the bitch never got injured but bust a toe in summer time when not working that ended her running days that's dogs for you the dog could still run sixes winter before I put him down turned like a bus but as game as anything I've ever owned and as biddable too ?

IMG_20151209_120051295.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot going this way now Dodger good pic pal ?

When Russ Rowley bred price to gypsy that bred Eve Lilly etc they all didn't want one said they'd be too slow lol

I only did two matings with my old pure all produced fast animals but most ended up in hands that knew how to do a dog proud ?

This one out of Paul Noones Rosie 

Edited by juckler123