took the big lad out

Sent a tx to Sean to see if he wanted to come but no reply so told the big lad to get ready

now he dose not have a rifle now sold his ultra a few months ago so told him we could share

the beast from the east lol.

We set off an hour later and still no reply from Sean so we went to a mates to pick some pellets up 

he came out and put them on the tank for me we had 5 crack then off we went

now iv got some jsb heavy's 18,13gr and AA heavy's 18gr that i used in my crown that i had ,,in the tank the pellets my mate gave me were super fields ,

Now these were ok when the wind dropped but crap in the wind so i opted for the jsb heavy,s these were spot on out to 32yrds(zero range)

Any way we parked up after zeroing the rifle in and set off Ethan is staying at mine for a while as his mam is not well before any one starts about 2mtr distance and all that.

Pulled up and sitting right in front of us was a rabbit so sent a jsb heav,y in 22 on its way it just rolled over only about 18yrds mind 

so gutted it and handed the rifle over to the big lad your turn .

We headed to the paddocks where he got his first and only one 22 yrds same again rolled over not even a twitch we finished the walk about with not much more happening once back at the tank we had a bite to eat and some thing to drink then set off again ,

We headed to a field we call the hospital field where i came across my second one now this one was uneasy as if it new we were there

but it did not run but squatted down in the weeds all i could see in the lamp was its eye thats all no body shape or any thing

if i had not seen it was a rabbit first id of not taken the shot but i had so lined the shot up and sent it to sleep .

could not believe the distance even through i new it was pretty far  used just over 1 mill dot and it was 52 yrds strait to sleep

Ethan,,,,, who was little hunter ,,,,,who by the way is taller than me now lol

missed another three with rushing the shots (he has not been shooting for months )

any way called it a night and left the rabbits for the birds of pray owner .

I now no why Sean did not get back to me Si and Sean are next to each other in my phone book and id sent it to Si in stead

But to be honest iv have a lot on my mind some thing i may tell you all about or not Some all ready know

any way we had a good night that both me and Ethan needed .

Only the three but the OLD RIFLE proved its self and is as good as my first one i had .

rifle ,,,,RAIDER SINGLE SHOT 22

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20200517_201357.jpg

IMG_20200517_203148.jpg

IMG_20200518_003142.jpg

IMG_20200518_010714.jpg

IMG_20200518_003219.jpg

IMG_20200518_003321.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice little outing there mate with the lad, nice one, I share a perm with the in-law it's his perm so I can only go there when he goes which isnt a problem,apart from the current situation other than that I'm a one man band day or night....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...