Weihrauch HW110 .177?

Thinking of treating myself to a new rifle, I currently own an HW100 & FN19 in .22. I am told .177 is as good as calibre to hunt with, if not better? Does anyone shoot with the above rifle, I quite like the look of the HW110, is the polymer construction robust?

Cheers....

I have the hw110 mate had it about 15months, in .177 , I find it lighter and quieter than my hw100tk, bigger shot count if that matters, fitting  the mag is fiddly till you get used to it, it's only 10shot where as the hw100 are 14shot, seems robust, mine did start leaking air a few weeks back, so sent it to my local gunsmith hes sorted the problem, changed all the seals o-rings just incase I got it back yesterday with this 16shot chrono printout which I'm happy with..

20200514_192433.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, Phill-W68 said:

I have the hw110 mate had it about 15months, in .177 , I find it lighter and quieter than my hw100tk, bigger shot count if that matters, fitting  the mag is fiddly till you get used to it, it's only 10shot where as the hw100 are 14shot, seems robust, mine did start leaking air a few weeks back, so sent it to my local gunsmith hes sorted the problem, changed all the seals o-rings just incase I got it back yesterday with this 16shot chrono printout which I'm happy with..

20200514_192433.jpg

Why it was a 16shot readout I have no idea haha

I had the 110k in .22 which I thought was superb but sold it to buy my wmr rifle and is on my list to replace with a .177 of the same. The 'k' version has a smaller shot count although more than thw 100 series but weighs in at only 2.7kg making it both short and very quick to use.

Phil

11 hours ago, Gaoler said:

Thinking of treating myself to a new rifle, I currently own an HW100 & FN19 in .22. I am told .177 is as good as calibre to hunt with, if not better? Does anyone shoot with the above rifle, I quite like the look of the HW110, is the polymer construction robust?

Cheers....

The stock is beechwood under the rubberised coating, great air rifles ?

• Like 1

I have an early one of these, good little guns imo. 

Mine has never had a service and now wont hold air for long. Still has anti tamper and no gun shops open to get it fixed so for now it just collects dust.

15 hours ago, villaman said:

Had one in 177 , regret selling , keep saying I will buy another, but want a HW100 BP 

12 hours ago, philpot said:

Sell the spare wheel off the Bentley Mitch and you could get one. ?

Phil

Those BP's are a tad expensive. I couldn't justify the cost of one to the mrs, I've tried a couple of times ?

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Those BP's are a tad expensive. I couldn't justify the cost of one to the mrs, I've tried a couple of times ?

Grow a pair and tell her you’re buying one ?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, villaman said:

Grow a pair and tell her you’re buying one ?

Lol, in all fairness, I can't really justify that amount on an air rifle to myself. Tempted though I am, I can't get out as much as I used to anyway ?

• Like 1
On 15/05/2020 at 12:06, philpot said:

I had the 110k in .22 which I thought was superb but sold it to buy my wmr rifle and is on my list to replace with a .177 of the same. The 'k' version has a smaller shot count although more than thw 100 series but weighs in at only 2.7kg making it both short and very quick to use.

Phil

With it being the K, did the shorter barrel reduce distance for accuracy..?